1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You all amaze and confuse me.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cheese Wheel, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Cheese Wheel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find it amazing that there are people here who start commenting as soon as thry join.

I mean, I saw someone that had joined in July of this year and had already been up to about 250 posts. Do you all really have that much to say? And being that there's upwards of 300 pages in the Chit Chat tab alone, there really can't be much left to talk about, can there?

I'm just speaking as someone who's been watching the site for a few days and finally made an account.

2. Night Rain

I think they just post too much in the Fun and Games Section.

3. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well first of all, as for commenting as soon as you join, why not? What's the point of joining if you're not going to participate? Members here ask questions and answer others' questions so that there's give and take in this community.

Second of all, yes, there may be hundreds of pages in each of the forum categories and surely there are many repeat topics, but with every new person who comments or asks the question, there's some variation. The person who asks the question can be asking about something particular or unique to his or her own life - asking for advice about something that happened to them or need some guidance in his or her own situation. And people who join now would not be seeing the posts on page 300, so they can comment on the new ones. No one's going to go back several years to dig up old posts when they can easily just start a new thread and get new answers. Things change every day, so an answer that may have been relevant yesterday may no longer be relevant today depending on life's and society's circumstances.

4. ANightDude

Probably this. I've been here for years and barely have 2,000 posts. Some people feel the need to comment and say everything, I just don't unless I feel like I've got something to contribute.

Mostly I just watch people fight or "respectfully disagree".

But it's fun.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People do post in fun and games a lot, but some people legitimately have a lot to say. I kind of crusade around the board, so I get a post count by doing that. I just think post count is roughly proportional to boredom.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Post count isn't too important. There are some folks who've been around for a while and don't have that many posts, whereas others join and have hundreds within a few days or weeks.

I simply contribute to threads I find interesting, or within which I think I may be able to offer something. :slight_smile:

7. LSunday

As one of those people that joined in July and has a lot of posts, I can say a lot of it is Fun & Games.

I like using this site, it's kinda a comfort thing, but I usually don't feel like I can contribute much to the 'serious' topics. I read a lot of the support topics, but usually don't say anything. Occasionally I'll post in the news section, but again I usually lurk.

But I like interacting with other people who I can relate to, so my posts went up quickly through Fun & Games.

8. Eric

I've been here for a bit more than 2 years and I'm only approaching 1500~ posts now. Statistically, that's less than 2 a day for me. I've seen lots of people who have about 20 posts a day+. Quite simply, some people have a lot to say, and some don't. :slight_smile:

9. paul

Haha I have probably been on here two days and I already have more than 50 posts. I think when I see people in similar situations in which I have had experience in, I will try to chime in what I know. People always seem to post interesting stuff on here as well. Way more addictive than facebook
    Paul

10. Romi

This.

Though I'm not gonna lie. I peruse the Fun and Games as well. Still...meh. Let me repeat...

11. Pain

Pain Guest

That's me :grin:

But I've been trying to not post as much there as of today.
    I only started posting there to try it, and I realized that it really, really made me feel comfortable using the site.

But when I see something interesting and I'm in a helping mood, I try to post in support and advice, LGBT Rights, and anonymous and less in Fun&Games.

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like to talk..lol.

I used to post more in the fun and games section. I don't really post that much in that section anymore..(minus that what song are you listening to thread.)

13. redstormrising

lol i've been here since july of 2011 and i only have 200something posts - less than a post a day. i just don't have that much to say, i guess.

14. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Who cares? Honestly, we can post as much as we want to.

15. Ridiculous

I was going to post in this thread, but then decided against it.

DAMNIT

What gets me is those people who magically appear, post like absolute nuts for about 2 weeks, and then disappear, never to be seen again.

16. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

It depends, I'm also one of those people that joined in July, I have 102 posts (including this one) so, that would mean on average it's only really about 3 posts a day, which is, not that much. Some days there are interesting things to reply and respond to, and ones that start conversations, and others are just not. I don't find myself responding to much in the fun and games section, so for the majority, I post in chit chat, advice, and anonymous discussions, other than that, not really anything else. I just try and give people feedback or just when I'm bored I'll post on things.

17. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like everyone else said, fun and games.

I would like to imagine that there isn't an invisible ladder of superiority in this forum that bases a user's worth on his or her post count.

18. Hazel

I tend to come and go and only comment when I have snark or advice (or am super bored), so I don't even have 200 after a year. Some people are really comfortable chatting, though, and old topics often get rehashed with newer users or from different angles.

19. sanguine

meh I think its normal, especially for people who want to belong and make friends, afterall how does one get noticed if they dont post a comment at all?

I tend to poke through most threads, some I dont see the point in commenting, some I do, and most of the time I want to comment then I stop because I realise I have nothing to add :/

20. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be honest, I get a little competitive when I find out someone who joined on the same month that I did has more posts than I do >_> Is it just me?

*goes off to the Fun & Games forum to post like crazy*