1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would/could you date bisexual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kuroi, Aug 17, 2012.

?

Did you/ could you date a bisexual?

1. I did

26 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. I never did and I dont think i could

8 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. I didn't but i believe I could

44 vote(s)
    53.0%
  4. i never thought about it.

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First of all I really mean nothing bad by posting this and am not trying to offend bisexuals. I am just trying to state my feelings towards dating one which is only assumption since i had never been with one. That is why I am trying to see if I am only one that feels the same way towards the matter and to get opinions/personal experiences from other people.

Now to the point. I believe that I couldn't. Its rather simple why. Because I am insecure person and being with someone who can be possibly interested in any gender would make me extremely jealous when he would talk to anyone. i am not the type that would normally be jealous but i think that in this case i would get.

Also, if the person spends most of his life dating girls i would be in fear that one day he may begin to miss being with girls and began searching for something I cannot give to him.

Well this is only my assumption, but I would really like to hear your thoughts on the matter and if you have personal experience please don’t be shy to share it. I really hope that no one got offended since this is a delicate and I didnt really chose my words carefully.

2. shy

shy

Well, thechnically the concurence is bigger than with a gay guy but that's a matter of trust. But I think I'd date bis as well as gays as long as the match fits.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never have, but I see no reason not to.

4. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I've never dated anyone, but I would have nothing against dating someone who is bi, assuming that we are otherwise a good match.

5. as long as she is into me thats cool i would.

i unknowingly have all the time i got into a relationship. they always used to say 'im gay' and i was like ok cool. then i got dumped for a boy....

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I get where the fear comes from, but in reality you really have nothing to worry about. Being bi just means you are capable of (not forced to) date both genders. Nothing else.

I have no problem in dating someone who is bi :slight_smile:

7. Ben

Ben

I am : ) it makes me feel extra special.

8. Hazel

I don't even check in very often, but I'm starting to feel like we just need a sticky thread for the topic of dating bisexuals...

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd LOVE to!

10. As long as I thought they were a good person, I would date a bisexual.

11. confounded88

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am so happy to hear the support for us Bi's, we're sexy. I agree with pseudojim when I say I'd love to. :slight_smile: fewer things seem taboo that way.

12. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It wouldn't bother me. They would have had to pass many tests to even get to that point. I don't take those types of chances without seriously researching the person in question.

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What would make me really happy is if people stopped saying stuff like this. Why would you care enough to acknowledge you could offend someone but not care enough to do the research to avoid offending them in the first place. This thread is like the trillionth time a monosexual has expressed worries about the fidelities of bisexual people. It gets entire posts dedicated to it in the social justice blogosphere because bisexuals are so fed up with being treated this way. If you don't want to offend people, do the research!

Google: Number seven is the refutation to this whole thread.

14. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I'm madly in love with one right now... Couldn't have dreamed of a better girlfriend.<3

15. ameliawesome

i did briefly date a bisexual when i was much younger, and we're still friends :slight_smile:

i certainly wouldn't rule out bisexual women, though ideally i'd prefer to be with a woman who is all about women. finding someone is hard enough, so why narrow the spectrum?

16. FJ Cruiser

I guess because same-sex relationships are still somewhat taboo, I'm just afraid I'd be used as a fun stop on the way to a perfectly heteronormative life. Otherwise, I guess I don't see any reason not to.

17. Gen

Gen

I think its the ideal that they can never be fully satisfied with one person, and therefore must cheat that makes people warry. But, this is not true, especially not for all of them. So, yes I would. Plus, if it were ever about being unsatisfied and cheating, I say bring it on I got eyes like a hawk :eusa_naug lol.

18. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The last guy I dated was basically Kinsey 1, which means he was mostly attracted to women, not guys like me. All of those concerns you mentioned? I would have been really justified in having them. But he liked me, and I liked him, and we were good for each other and good to each other, and that's all that really matters.

19. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Even if I wasnt bi, i dont think id have a problem with it. Like Ive said before everyone wether theyre strait, gay, bi, or anything else has the potential to be atracyed to someone other than who they ate dating, its wether or not that person chooses to act on those feelings thats important.

20. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have in the past and I see no reason not to do so again. :slight_smile: