1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find the attractive what most people do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rx79g, Aug 17, 2012.

1. rx79g

I think its funny that a lot of times when I'm hanging out with my girl friends, they'll talk about a guy they think is attractive and while they all unanimously agree that he's hot I just don't think so. They always go for the "big muscles" kind of guy, and I really find slightly scrawnier guys more attractive. And nerdy.

Anyway, we all know the stereotypes of "hot people". For guys its ridiculously ripped arms and abs and for girls its long legs and large breasts. So do you guys find these types attractive, or are you more attracted to other types that are less stereotypically sexy?

2. BudderMC

I think my preferences fluctuate to be honest. There are days I love manly men, and then there are days I want nothing more than a scrawny nerdy guy like you. Generally I prefer someone who's rather average, maybe leaning more towards the scrawny/nerdy side.

Also, apparently (according to my sexuality class) breasts on females isn't a consistent indicator of attractiveness. An hourglass figure is a better measure. Fun fact :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I don't at all find what other people find attractive because I'm just not one to look at someone's outer and call them attractive, to be attractive, they have to have a wonderful personality, and if they don't fulfill that personality, then I'm not interested. But, if I was to go just based on outer, no, I don't find what other people find attractive. I know that anyone that likes girls will probably think a skinny, big boobs, etc. would be the most attractive, but I love chubbier girls, and more of a nerdy type than a "hot" one.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

What makes a guy attractive to me is about as far from the conventional standard of attractiveness for men as it can get. I like chubby guys (think James Corden, Jorge Garcia, Nick Frost, Andy Atkins level of chubby, not Seth Rogen or Zach Galifianakis chubby), guys with long hair (we're talking past the shoulders), guys with beards (or any kind of facial hair), guys with glasses, pale guys, gingers (ginger beards are the greatest thing!)... I think I've proven my point. :slight_smile: I've made some heads tilt in confusion with whom I've found attractive before.

5. paul

I completely agree. I am not really attracted to big muscles and constantly working out. Somewhere in the middle ground. Not a juice head but not out of shape. Sexy isn't really a word I use. I usually will use the word cute or handsome for a guy I am attracted to.

6. Aria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm gay, but I'm insanely attracted to Alan Rickman. Mmm, that voice.

Though, I do admit I do like some of the 'stereotypically' pretty people. I love Charlize Theron, Cate Blanchett, (young) Sigourney Weaver, Emma Stone. My friends joke that if you're not blonde, don't come to me.

Though, I will confess I hate makeup. I really hate when girls cake on powder and paint on their face. Eye makeup and light stuff doesn't bother me, but don't come to me with artificially colored cheeks.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I've stated in the past, I really like nerdy looking people. I also like people who look casually athletic; not like ripped, just like they take care of themselves.

8. redstormrising

yes and no. i can definitely appreciate when a woman is conventionally beautiful, but it's more from an aesthetic standpoint, kind of like a work of art maybe. that's not what i am attracted to in the sense of someone i'd like to date, though - i much prefer women who fall more towards the masculine end of the spectrum

9. sol4r

sol4r Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hmm, for me it sort of varies. If I had to put together the cosmetic qualities I find attractive in people into one person it'd be someone who doesn't wear a whole lot of makeup, has short hair, sort of a feminine slender figure with large-ish breasts, and not heavily-tanned skin unless it's like their natural skintone. So I guess it sort of fits into the lesbian stereotype but not many others, ahaha. But that's not really ALL the things I find attractive, but those are high up on the list. I can honestly go for lots of different types of people though.

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    in girls: love tall girls, would love to bed one taller than me, some day! (i'm 6'3) Tall, svelte, toned is nice, to the point of athletic... any further and it just looks unnatural and gross. Short is good too, it is nice and fun to be a lot bigger than someone as well. I have a thing for redheads, and freckles. I don't go in for big bulbous boobs in general, i go for the smaller ones, they're just more aesthetically pleasing! And i happen to have huge hands, if it can't all fit in one, it's just a waste =P

in guys: much the same in body type, but not into redheaded guys the same as with girls. Freckles are still hot though =D

in both cases, the face is the most important part in terms of physicality. Trumping physical attraction is personal compatibility, of course

11. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I usually like just average/cute guys with normal/couple extra pounds to slightly toned bodies. Nothing crazy or perfect. I see tons of guys everyday that I consider attractive.

12. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Fuck sterotypes. I love slender girls with long legs and a petite figure with medium-ish chests (ugh, big boobs and asses are too much for me) and light skin with dark hair (versus orange or tan with bleach-blonde hair) and not the 'average/ height, either. I like 'em tall:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm so lucky; I have an amazing, intelligent girlfriend with all of these traits I love! :grin:

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I guess I agree with some of the others here; I've noticed that the sort of guys I find attractive are certainly different from what most straight girls seem to find hot. A fit body can be nice, but being overly muscular is a turn-off to me. I tend to be attracted to skinny, boyish-looking kinda guys rather than big manly men...

14. BornAnew

Yeah I agree with the OP, I don't find muscly guys all that attractive. I like skinny, less manly looking guys way hotter.

15. nathaniel

nathaniel Guest

I like cute nerdy people :slight_smile: lol

16. Tim

Tim

*Cue the Cliche*

I honestly don't care what someone looks like. xD I actually find personalities attractive, if that makes sense, rofl. I couldn't care less what someone looks like. If I can talk to someone and enjoy their company, that's all that matters.

However, the difference between a friend and someone I find attractive is easy to discern. I've only had like... 3 or 4 crushes in my life, not counting the internet crushes that last like a day or two, lol. Sometimes I wish I did care what people looked like, because then I'd feel more normal and probably have had more crushes in my life, lol.

17. PurpleCrab

Well I am most repelled by what was trendy and fashionable (as far as body shapes goes) 15 years ago, when the women models were all thin and all.

I prefer a woman with lots of curves; seeing too much of her bones is a 100% turn off, and that's saying something, in my case :wink: Freckles, red/blonde hair, feminine look works best.

For men well the typical masculine figure turns me off too, as does body hair and the scent of men in general. I like guys to be small, thin, nerdy looking.

18. julia

Hm. Kind of? I think Megan Fox, Naya Rivera, Blake Lively, and Amber Heard are sexy as hell (as do most lesbians and straight men do). I think girls with an hour glass figure are the hottest but that doesn't necessarily mean that other girls don't seem attractive to me. Overall, yes, the girls I find attractive are usually though of as attractive by others.

19. Vesper

I tend to prefer women at healthy weights who don't have large breasts or butts. The weight preference is the same for men. For both/either, I'm not a fan of a bulging physique that indicates the possibility of the person being a gym rat, but I do like some obvious muscle mass, because that indicates fitness. I'm sure that a fit look is an attractive trait.

I generally prefer people who are taller than I am. Shouldn't be too hard to find, considering I'm shorter than the average for women my age and certainly shorter than the average man.

I'm generally a big fan of a "natural" look, so hair that's bleached blonde, skin that's more tan than would be natural due to regular sun exposure, heavy makeup, plastic surgery that's not medically necessary, etc. are turn-offs to me. I like a person who takes reasonable care to maintain a healthy complexion, good hygiene, and a "clean" appearance, but not a person who's all about appearances and leaves much to be desired in the personality department. I'm not sure how popular a natural look is, but I hope it is.

All in all, I like a person who at least appears to take good care of him/herself and seems to be unpretentious in appearance and manner.

#19 Vesper, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  20. Mai Hasegawa

I love me some scars. I don't mean to offend people with really badly mutilated tissue all over their bodies, but I find moderate scars incredibly sexy. Uh, this probably sounds very dumb and shallow... but oh, well.

I also like would-be-dark-skinned albinos xD

#20 Mai Hasegawa, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012