1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Days, Phases and Life in General

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hi

So this thread isn't me asking for advice, just more me venting and hopefully at the end of it all I might feel better for getting it off my chest. Of course if you want to leave your thoughts and opinions then please do, although I've got a feeling that some of you might just be reiterating what has been said on my previous threads but anyhow... I feel like I need to rant a little.

Right....

So it basically boils down to a few things and am just gonna going ramble about a few here, dealing with having my bad days than good ones. I just.... I don't know what it is but when I have a bad day, even the silly little things get me down.

One of those things would be 'Having No Job' and in the current climate, it doesn't seem likely that I job will be coming my way anytime soon. I'm not saying this is the be all and end all of all my problems but earning a living and having a decent amount of money, or at least some money, would help.

I have no friends... but like I said, I don't wanna bore you all with the details since I've problem mentioned it over and over and over again.

Another is a more personal problem to me since I enjoy writing (scripts/short stories) and I tend to writing traits, looks, etc etc that I wish I had such as good looks, witty, outgoing, etc etc and it gets me down that I don't have any of those.

Finally it would have to be the same old same old "There's no one out there for me" which I know may sound like bull**** to some of you but to those of us who actually believe this its hard to believe anything else because I mean... what if there isn't? and the saying "it'll happen when you least expect it" tends to wear a little thin after all is said and done.

I'd love to experience the ups and downs of a relationship, am not looking for just fun/sex but something meaningful and well... Yeah I don't know. I guess I think about it too much but its kinda hard to do when you can't stop.

Okay... Rant over

for now at least

2. BudderMC

Well, a job isn't going to present itself at your feet anytime soon, if that's what you're looking for. Have you gone job hunting lately? Handing out résumés everywhere you can possibly think of? I know it's not easy to land a job, but they are out there... they just might not be desirable or currently available. The other benefit to handing out résumés everywhere is that some employers will keep them on hand for when they need to fill a position, particularly if you can somehow make a good impression.

And even if you're not working at a job right now, consider volunteering. It's a good way to get out of the house (which you could use), looks good on your résumé (which never hurts), and volunteers are almost ALWAYS in short supply. Not to mention volunteering might just land you a job (that's how I got mine, mostly).

3. brocub

^^This. All of this covered its truthy goodness. However, most employers don't like you handing in resumés these days. Most either have job application forms you need to fill out there or you apply online. It makes it easier for them to process applicants and saves paper.

Check your city's government website for job postings or see if you can find a job bank online.

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Don't worry

I do all this regardless due to being on Job Seekers Allowance, a benefit that requires to constantly look for work. It just majority of place won't hire for stupid reasons and believe me... Am not the only one in this situation

5. Aria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've honestly found the best way to look for a relationship is to not look for a relationship. Let it happen. Let life play out and then you'll find that someone who you just want to know. Someone who you'll always be happen to learn things about. Will it always work out? No. Will you sometimes fall for people out of your reach? Most likely. But even after all of that, there will be that one person who just steals your attention.

I find it hard to believe you have absolutely no friends, especially in an environment such as this. Maybe go out and meet people in your area? Instead of looking for relationships, maybe look around for some people to hang out with and piss away the time and have fun with when you're bored.

I would have to say the best thing to do is not focus on the negative and start looking for some positive amidst all of it. Volunteering, as suggested, will not only look good on your resume, but can be a gateway to make some friends as well.

6. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Am already getting involved in being a mentor at the volunteer centre...

I was gonna try and get involved with the local theatre but to be honest I can't bring myself to go along

And yes, as hard as it maybe to believe. I don't have any actual friends that I can hang out with etc etc. I do have one friend but he lives miles away...

7. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Gazza123, I can relate to your situation at the moment. I just lost my job a couple months ago and I haven't really stayed in contact with a whole lot of people. To be perfectly honest, I only hang out with a few people on a regular basis, and by regular basis I mean, a couple times a week. So I haven't been getting out much, just to look for a job or hang out with the few people I'm still in contact with.

I can't really say anything about the relationship bit because I feel the same way as well, I'm not totally comfortable with being gay but I want to have a relationship. Some of the things I've found helpful have been to start going for walks, it helps to clear my head and I'm able to think about things more.

Another thing that I've found helpful is taking care of myself more, I'll usually do things that keep me active and focus a little more on improving myself. Usually I'll take a half hour or even 15 minutes and do a bit of exercise.

8. BudderMC

Sweet! I forgot to mention that volunteering is also socializing which is also networking, which helps in well... anything that involves meeting people (jobs, friendships, relationships, etc.)

Also, what happened with the theatre? You seemed to be really considering the idea before.

9. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I don't know

Yeah the could be cool but its that push to go that can't seem to do so I've just let it be. I don't I will go

10. sunnii

In terms of getting a job it is so hard. Doing volunteer work does help though I did and I imagine that my time at a charity shop did help me get the job i have now at a supermarket (well it is retail experience idk if youve had a job before but isnt it so irritating when almost every job demands previous experience?!!!)

When I left school half way through 6th year I spent 6 months searching online and handing in cvs at shopping centres and got nothing. Fortunately I got a summer job at my dad's work (but i hated it) but it bothered me that I was literally the only person who applied and it was who i knew that got me in.

I applied less when I started college 2 years ago but when I wanted to leave last year I went back on the job hunt and I managed to get my 1st job interview where i ultimately got the job! I had applied to so many you get to the stage where you just apply and expect nothing and when i got the interview i felt like i had 0 to lose and this was just going to be a learning experience.

Ive been there for 9 months now and although i wouldn't say im happy with my life, the job has changed my life so much for the better. I hope you get something like that soon Xx