1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went to a Gay Nightclub, Alone!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Friendly ghost, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Friendly ghost

I have been there twice before, but I always went with at least one person, and a group the first time. I was really wanting to go though, and I had one friend who backed out after I got my hopes up for it. So I went by myself!

I just wanted to post this because I know I've seen questions on it. I had a blast! I love to dance, but I am a shy person and its hard for me to be that outgoing. I did it though, I added some liquid courage, but I pushed myself to dance, and talk to people.

I talked to a deaf guy with our phones, and then met this really cute geek. I just can't believe how much fun I still had alone. It is totally worth it for anyone who is contemplating it. Get outside your comfort zone, thats where your life will start. Plus Lady Bunny from RuPauls DragU was there!

Anyone else have a similar experience? or go alone often?

2. Chimera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    High fives to you! I also somewhat recently started going out to gay clubs, except I went alone at first and brought friends later. I was also very nervous at first, but then I felt like a square peg who FINALLY found a square hole, and now I can't get enough of these dances!

Unfortunately "dyke nights" are hard to come by, even in Seattle. Most gay clubs are very popular with STRAIGHT women, but if I'm feeling the itch to dance then I go and have fun anyway knowing the men won't harass me :slight_smile:

3. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats and good for you. Yes it is hard to go on your own at first, but you did it.

4. needshelp

i did that before like in may i think. it was fun as hell. chatted it up with the bartender, met some other guys in there where we played a game of pool and then i had to go back home. wish i could have stayed.

5. Flow

I went for my first time with a couple friends about a week ago. It was really.. different. Was not expecting guys in underwear dry humping the girls in the club.. I was hit on quite a few times so it was really interesting.. I don't think I could go alone, I wouldn't know what to do with myself lol.

6. GingerGuy

Congrats! I would really like to go to gay nightclub. I heard they are much more lively and easygoing thaan their straight counterparts, with peope who are more focused in having fun than with competing with one another. I would like to go alone, but I would also be too afraid. What would happen to me, since I'm still underage? And how would I do it without my parents knowledge? I was talking about it with a straight friend of mine, and, as hard as it is to believe, he told me he actually could take me there (he didnt mention he would enter it with me). I wanna know if he was joking, because if he wasnt, I would totally take the opportunity!

7. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went alone one friday night after work. It was a small and cozy place with just the right amount for hanging out. Met a few nice fellas there who wanted to know where I came from and they even bought me drinks :slight_smile: Pity that the place closed down because I loved going there.

8. prism

That sounds awesome!

Just the thought of going to a gay bar/club makes my heart race. I would never be able to work up the nerve to go alone, but I would go if my friends wanted to! I'd be a nervous wreck though.

9. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I admire your bravery. Never really had an urge to go to one though. Maybe someday.

10. bi lover

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I too went to a gay club by myself for the first time this last week. It was so much fun and such a different experience. I would encourage anyone to give it a try. I think once you get out of your comfort zone and have fun then everything starts getting more comfortable after that.

11. stephenjack

snaps for friendly ghost! but seriously that's great and takes a lot of courage and to get out of your comfort zone is hard to congrats! i would LOVE to go when i'm older but i'm 15 now so i can't. :frowning2: but i love to dance too (not very good though) and meeting new people is great...especially if they're cute. thanks for this post because it definitely gave me some push to go when i'm older haha

12. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Go you guys!

I'm still far too uncomfortable with going anywhere with that many people by myself haha more power to ya! :slight_smile:

13. BornAnew

Wow I hope I have the confidence to do this one day haha!

But I think what you said is right, getting out of your comfort zone more often than not leads to unexpected opportunities. But the fear of making a fool out of myself or not fitting in is like a chain that keeps me from doing that!

14. rg93

I'm still working up the courage as well, I have no idea what to expect, because I do live in a smaller city, where there are presumably a lot fewer LGB than in a usual city. I think i'll have my best friend force me into it, she offered to take me there. :grin:

I don't know if I could go alone though. :S

15. Friendly ghost

The nice thing about it being a gay club, is that its usually safe to assume the majority of males are gay. And the females assume the same thing. So its easier for me to talk to people.I took me a little bit before I really did anything, but it was totally worth it. There are always other people who aren't in the middle of a giant crowd.

I highly recommend it. Plus if you go alone its easier to meet someone else, and its easy to bail out if its awful. But give it some time before you do that.