1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys: Manscaping?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by runallday4, Aug 18, 2012.

?

Why do you do about your body hair?

1. I let it grow!

16 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Manscaper (trimming/maintaining it)

25 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. No body hair is the way to go!

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Well, now that I'm 17, I'm finally getting to the point in my life where body hair is something that I have to deal with routinely. I still remember a few years ago wishing I had more body hair so I could look "grown up". Now, I still only have a moderate amount but it's already a pain. I don't think a want to get rid of it all, but I also need to do something with it, so manscaping seems like the middle ground, just maintaining it at a reasonable length. What do you do in this regard?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I assume you're talking about pubic hair? I used to trim my own because I also thought that it was getting to be "unmanageable," but I found that when I just stopped and learned to live with it, I stopped even noticing it. You'd probably find the same thing true for you if you try to just live with it.

But if you are insistent on doing something about it: take a pair of reasonably sharp scissors (not your little sibling's craft scissors, in other words) into the bathroom, disrobe, stand over the toilet with the trashcan under your naughty bits, and trim it like that. Trim by opening the scissors half-way, hovering them above the pubes at the level where you want to trim, then cut.

You might need to shake out any trimmings that get stuck in your pubes after doing that, or even take a quick shower to get them out, but that'll do it. Trimming this way also has the added benefit of preventing you from trimming too much, because you'll risk accidentally cutting yourself if you trim too much using scissors, so the instinctual drive to not accidentally cut yourself will keep your trimming to a moderate amount. You don't want to trim too much, because that'll make you hella itchy down there, and there's no way classy way to scratch yourself down there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

haha, thanks for the advice. I was actually talking about all body hair (arm pits, chest, back, legs, eye brows, ect. in addition to pubic hair).

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the most part I let it grow. In the summer I shave my armpits (it helps with reducing sweat-retention, thus eliminating body odor if properly kept.) I trim downstairs when it gets a bit too shaggy to be comfortable - like when it pulls or gets caught in my underwear.

5. ForceAndVerve

Al naturale here and it doesnt bother me. But I can imagine if it started to get TOO long I may concider trimming.

It's ass grass that annoys me. But ye...getting rid of that would be far to tedious, and then it would get bristly. :eusa_doh:

EDIT: Just noticed you were talking about other areas! I try to control my unibrow. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#5 ForceAndVerve, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty hairy, but I don't mind it. I like other guys to be hairy too. I pretty much just keep the pubic area trimmed and usually my chest/stomach if it's getting a bit longish. Last week I tried shaving my ass and I'm not sure I wanna do that again. Very itchy and I still feel the effects of razor burn. Lol :grin:

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm feral. And, given my druthers, I like my guys factory-direct. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. sanguine

Im quite hairy, the other day I noticed I was starting to get chest hair which is cool.
    The only place I do shave is probably my facial hair, and trim my pubic hair when I feel like it (which is quite rare).

9. Ben

Ben

Not one hair on my body goes untamed. If you get into shaving body hair, you'll need a good razor, moisturiser/aftershave and talcum powder, or whatever works best for you. Tweezers are necessary if you have a monobrow appearing, and you might want to invest in some kind of trimmer machine to deal with areas that have gotten a bit too bushy, but aren't scissor-appropriate.

10. Pain

Pain Guest

Everything maintained but legs and arms.

11. shy

shy

I used to let my pubic hair (and everything else) grow as it happened but it started growing under my skin and stuff. I had a few infections because of that and shaving made everything worse so I decided to get rid of it. I'll have laser epillation (sarts tomorrow :grin:).

To everyone who is unsure about it: It stinks, it's painful and walking around with 3day pubic hair doesn't help your mood at all. But when it's over it's over for good.

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted no body hair is the way to go, although I can't really manage mine, and I'm a really hairy guy.

13. Ruethel

Ruethel Guest

I just let it grow, pretty much the same for all the hair on my body. I only shave/trim anything when it gets to actually be a problem for me, which it generally never is.

14. Snowy

Snowy Guest

I usually shave my arm pits every 3 days or so (the hairs there grow back really slowly for me), and I just shave my legs whenever I have to be wearing shorts. I also use a tweezer for any eyebrow hairs too close to the middle of my forehead.

15. Jared

The only body hair I shave is facial, though I barely have any to shave. Though right now my right leg is mostly shaved thanks to knee surgery and I kind of like it so I might start shaving my legs.

16. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a stickler about my body hair, I don't have a ton of it but I shave and trim what I do have.

17. Silvails52

I'm pretty hairy, but I don't shave. I know I'll need to trim a bit, but not just yet. I think I'll just leave most of it alone.

18. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shave. Bald as a plucked chicken. Never been itchy, had an in-grown hair or a rash. Guess i'm blessed.

19. Jac

Jac Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're gay and you love Olympic diving :slight_smile:icon_bigg), then I'm sure after gawking at the 90% naked bodies for hours on end you may have discovered the American Nick McCrory, the diver who is the embodiment of an underarm forest.

Of course, while I try not to imagine it (hell if I know why), I can't help but think if he lets his underarm hair get to the point of his arms getting lost in it and not finding their way out, I can only imagine how his legs and man-muscle must feel.

So to answer your question, Manscaping is the way to go. There's a point when it comes to body hair-- everywhere.

20. Praetor

I guess secretly I sort of wish I could shave my legs cause I personally can't stand all the hair, but I don't really do anything about it because of laziness and the fact that I really don't want to get any odd looks from family/friends :\

Luckily the rest of my body has always been fairly hair free it seems, so it doesn't really concern me, apart from shaving of course.