1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone ever actually had a successful "straight" crush story?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikeyk733, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Mikeyk733

You know...

Closeted (or out) gay guy has crush on guy who claims to be straight, and gay guy keeps questioning crush's sexuality. I'm sure most of us have been there. Anyone willing to share a story like this with a more positive outcome?

I'm not talking about stories in which you get straight guy drunk, into his pants, and he denies everything the next day. I'm talking about finding out that "straight" likes you back.

2. Aria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That was one of my girlfriends. Claimed to be very straight and we were both very good friends. She came from a religious family, and since I was very much out, her parents really despised me being around her. Of course, I had strong feelings for her, but since she had claimed to be straight, I respected her sexuality and kepy everything platonic.

One night when we were just hanging out watching a movie, she was cuddling me, and was teasing me as she always did about how I wanted to kiss her. I made a joke about waiting for her to be drunk, but she kissed me right there and that sorta sparked the start of a relationship.

I'll be honest, it was one of the worst, most miserable relationships I've had. She spent a lot of time trying to 'cover up' the relationship to maintain the appearance of being straight. When we were alone it was a blast, but with friends it was very emotionally taxing.

It's actually because of her I no longer date people who are ashamed of their sexuality or worried about other people's opinions on such matters. I'm not a very PDA kind of person, but when you're asking some of out mutual friends to set you up on dates with various men, even if you are doing it 'just for appearances' (which she did), it makes for a miserable relationship.

So, I always advise caution with people who identify as straight even if they aren't. You are in for a bumpy ride while they struggle with accepting themselves.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I've never thought about that, I've noticed some "Straight" people who have certain "quirks" about them that I think is a bit "different".. hmmm

4. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm, I guess I'm one of those stories in that I never thought about sexuality (gay or straight) at all until I had a slightly awkward encounter with my gay best friend and eventually he asked me if I was gay and realized I was. Although it's not exactly 'successful', we got really close and then there was some freaking out, lots of misunderstanding and we don't talk anymore...

5. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, me being the straight guy. He was my best friend.. now we're boyfriends :slight_smile: I made a thread about it a while ago.

I agree with this. It must've been awful for my bf back then, it probably still is. I'm a fucking mess sometimes and I feel really bad for it, but there's nothing I can do about it.