1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet Another College Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thandrami, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Thandrami

I am starting college on the 27th. Im not going to University but just a community college (soooo much cheaper). I will still be living at home so not much is going to change BUT I have been freaking out as its getting closer.

Like, what if I don't make any friends because I am too busy with work and school work?
    What if I can't balance work and school?
    What if I can't pass my classes?
    I have only 3 friends going to the same school but I will probably barely see them.

Im freaking out!!!!

2. Vanille

Hey there! Don't fret :slight_smile: I just started college last week and I had the same fears you did too. Mainly the one about friends. As the week went by I found some people to talk to, hell I just met a lot of people today and they were cool. I don't think I would've met them if i decided to stay in my dorm like I was going to. I'm not sure how your community college is but if it's like my school people will sometimes come out of no where and speak to you. I guess appearing friendly really helps too :grin: You'll probably make friends in some of your classes as well. I hear from a lot of people that as long as you go to class and actually make an effort to do your class/homework, you'll do fine academically. I have faith that you will be fine at your new school :grin: Hope you enjoy your college my friend!

3. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't keep what if'ing. What will be will be. You'll see that it'll all just work out on its own. People are everywhere, so you'll find your friends soon enough. You HAVE TO balance school and work. It's what you have to do in life, and at this time in yours, those are your two duties. If you can't even handle that, you can't handle the real world. If you have a brain, you can pass your classes; especially if by pass, you mean get at least a C! And it's your freshman year, for god's sake! There's nothing to worry about. You'll be taking all 101 GE classes....

4. castle walls

Being nervous about your first year of college is totally normal. I think a lot of people on this site have felt the same way. You'll probably make friends in some of the classes you have. If you ever do have time in your schedule, going to a club meeting or an event at your college can increase your chances of making friends.

If you notice that you're struggling in any of your classes, do not hesitate in getting help and/or changing your strategies for studying. Don't let yourself fall too behind. If you have time, you could also try to get a study group together or join one that is already formed. That could help you make friends and do better in the course (unless you're better at studying alone)

Try to relax (I know it's hard) and enjoy college. I hope I helped!

:goodluck: