1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Aunt's Funeral

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MatthewJS, Aug 21, 2012.

1. MatthewJS

I been crying every now and then since about 12 pm because my Aunt Bridget died. She was very young only 23. A happy mother and I think wife. She was missed by so many people in town. Although I barely knew her, I cried because she my relative. Been trying to get my mind off of it, but nothing works. I keep telling myself this is a bad dream and once I wake up everything will be alright. I wish I knew her more. :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

2. Ianthe

(*hug*) I'm sorry, it's always terrible, and sad, when someone dies so young. It's more shocking and even more painful than other deaths, because it seems more like something that should just never have happened. And it can be scary, too, because it forces you to realize that anyone could die. It's completely normal for you to be upset, even though you didn't know her well.

Since you feel like you didn't get the chance to know your aunt, maybe you could ask some people who did know her well to tell you about her, and tell you their favorite memories about her. If you have access to a video camera, you could record them and put them all together to share with everyone. If you don't know how to do that, maybe Mariska could help you figure it out.

3. Crystal's Vaporeon

I know its hard losing someone and I will admit I have never lost someone close to me (Unless you include my 3 rabbits that have died over the years) but crying will not bring them back.
    I know what it feels like, feeling like all you can do is cry, but would they want that??
    I don't know her but I'm sure that she wouldn't want you to cry, she would want you to live on and always remember her memory.
    Never think of it as a bad dream, just believe that she is in a happier place now, whether that that be heaven (If your religious) or just in the oblivion most people call death.

4. ForceAndVerve

Hope you feel better soon.

In the mean time: (*hug*)