1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Drink?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 21, 2012.

?

Do You Drink?

1. I'm underage but I don't drink

20 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. I'm underage but I do drink

18 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. I'm legal and I don't drink

37 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. I'm legal and I do drink

61 vote(s)
    44.9%
  1. MusicIsLife

Just putting this out here because I feel like the only 23-year-old who has no desire to drink. (In QC the legal drinking age is 18)

2. nope i dont drink.

i have once gotten drunk to see what it was like but not off my face, im a tired drunk so its useless me drinking if i just find it hard to stay awake lol. i find it hard to stay awake anyway without alcohol haha. i didnt like the feeling when i was drunk, so i never did it again lol.

3. Mogget

I do, but only with friends and only very occasionally.

4. Bolin

I only drink occasionally when I'm at home or not driving.

5. sunnii

I do drink now but i never drank when i was underage. I tried to find a drink I liked but I just found alcohol foul. When I was 16 all my friends at school drank and got drunk all weekend every weekend and I hate being a sober person around drunk people so i never went out with them and felt left out.

Now I'm kind of the polar opposite tbh. I'm still experimenting since I've only been drinking really for a year. I dont drink as much as I did 6 months ago. Mainly because on Id rather be able to go out running the next day instead of feeling so tired all the time. I do drink to escape though and as a method to get rid of my insecurities. When I go out I tend to drink really fast to get rid of any nerves but the problem is when im drunk i want to stay that level of drunk so i drink too much too fast

6. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I'm in a social setting and people are drinking, I drink. That being said, I'm kind anti-social and it doesn't happen often. I've been drunk once but it was full out, off my head, puking in a bush, saying things I shouldn't, sitting in silence all the next day drunk

7. Schabanak

I never drink, cause alcohol causes headaches and mine are pretty bad.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not to get drunk, no. I do enjoy wine and sometimes beers.

9. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really care for alcohol very much. I'll have a couple drinks every other weekend and that's about it. Usually I like more fruity stuff than beer, lol. Suprise!

10. ForceAndVerve

Don't drink. I did a BIT at uni with my mates, but I never got anywhere near to drunk. I just didn't see the point. Stopped after my 2nd year, never touched it since.

11. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not I, says the cool cat. :sunglasses:

Mostly because I have no interest in it. I don't think it's bad, but I don't think it's really good either. Everyone around where I live starts drinking in high school, so by the time their 21 they are bored with it, but still do it anyway.

Plus my step-father is as raging alcoholic. So I've seen the bad side of the coin. Maybe that's why I have no interest in drinking.

12. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I do. I'll order a drink at a restaurant with my friends, but I don't like bars all that much. They can be fun if something's going on, like a concert or karaoke. Most of the family gatherings for one side of my family involve drinking, and it really helps us all get along together. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate. And while you may be in the minority, there are plenty of people who choose not to drink. Some because they've had problems, and others because they simply aren't interested, don't like it, or for other reasons.

I've cultivated a great group of people around me who are mostly non-drinkers. We do a lot of social things together and when someone new joins, they're often surprised that one can have a great time in a social setting without alcohol, simply because our culture sort of conditions people to believe that a social gathering requires alcohol (or, in some cases, other drugs.)

I've also been in plenty of settings where I was the only person, or one of the only people, who wasn't drinking, and that I just find amusing. People sometimes get offended and get the idea I'm trying to make myself "better" than them for not drinking, but it isn't about that at all... and once they get that, usually, they don't have a problem -- even though they may not completely understand.

So if that's something you value, my suggestion is to seek out others who are similar to you. And you'll be surprised; even among the young gay crowd, there are a surprising number of people who are non-drinker/smoker/druggies. You just typically don't find them as easily in the places where you find everyone else :slight_smile:

14. Catkin

I do drink, but very very little, and even then it's only occasionally when I'm out with friends. When I started college, I'd decided I wasn't going to drink for a least a year, and although all my friends drank, I still had a good time when I went out with them and they never really gave me any hastle about not drinking.

15. Ben

Ben

Whenever I'm with other people who are drinking usually, but I never drink heavily more than two nights in a row. Except last week, but we had extended family over so the wine was always out. But I'm more of an indoors person, anyway, some of the time. Though I had to give up for like a year because I had some liver enzyme thing going on (not due to drinking), and it wasn't actually that bad, if not a bit annoying when everyone else was drinking.

16. Well, the drinking age here is 18 (it used to be 16). And yes, I sometimes drink.

17. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Yayyy for underage drinking. I actually don't drink very much. I just turned 17 a few weeks ago, and I've been drunk 5 times since I was 15, so about 5 times in the past 2 years. Most kids my age are drunk at least once every few weeks, so I don't think that's too bad of me.

18. castle walls

I'm a teetotaler. I don't drink at all

19. iky001

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do fancy a glass of whine on rare occasions but I don't go out to get smashed. It's probably because of my up bringing, family and myself are Muslims so Alcohol is a no no, but I guess i'm tipping the boat a bit. You will find out later in life that a lot of people just don't like it, which is cool because your life with those people becomes more intense.

20. Flow

The younger generations are growing up so fast lol. I didn't start drinking until I was 19, and I recently turned 20 lol. With that being said, I only drink at social occasions. My last birthday was a bit of a blur..