1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sure that's rather courageous!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleCrab, Aug 22, 2012.

1. PurpleCrab

:eusa_danc

yeah, when you're ftm trans person, one of the first thing you do is have a boy haircut, switch to baggy clothes and such. Usually. Then you pass for a dyke for a while until you grow facial hair, that's what's supposed to happen right?

People so strive to be perceived for the gender they are (we're talking about guys here, so let's say guys) that they'd so often squeeze into the gender stereotype mold that don't necessary fit them.

I think I do quite the opposite; bringing it to another new level by cross-dressing :lol:

At first, when I was a kid, it was forced on me to dress like a girl. Weirdly enough, it seems like my mind tried to adapt to the situation the best it could by doping me with endorphins (or whatever other ones..) when I would willingly feminize myself in public. So sometimes I cross-dress; wear make-up, put up my hair, wear a skirt. I know that doesn't help other people to figure out I'm a guy but up to some point I don't care that much. I have a blast (!)

Also, I genuinely prefer long hair on EVERYBODY. Gives an artistic untamed look and feel. So I keep my hair long. When I dress normally, I look like some sort of a rocker guy haha.

When I was a bit younger I adopted the goth style sometimes and kept long black nails... another typically feminine thing. But it doesn't feel necessary feminine to me.

I guess I'm very at ease with my masculine and feminine sides; secure enough anyway that I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone. Except maybe to my wife.

Sure thing though, I'm a guy!! Not gender-fluid, not gender-queer; I'm a transgendered man who lives dysphoria especially bad nowadays that I'm carrying our second kid. Started the sketches of a painting on that note; it's a special gray/purple leafy background with two dark silhouettes, one male, one female, holding each other, taking off the happy mask that has the background on it, and in the middle of the dark silhouettes is a bright heart shinning with the gay flag colors. It represents me and my wife being ourselves and together, which is what matters, in the end. She is a transsexual woman.

I guess I need a bit of cheering and hugs (*hug*)

2. Romi

You definitely deserve cheering and hugs, because reading this has made me feel a little bit better. I think I have a ways to go until I'm back to normal self. But...it was a good thing to hear you say what you did.

Still, you're pretty awesome like that. It makes me smile. I'm proud of you. I hope that's not weird to say. Eh...anyway, thanks. For indirectly helping me figure some things out.

3. PurpleCrab

Thanks Romi!! I wish I knew how my little story helped you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: