1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soulforce

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wickerpark, Aug 22, 2012.

1. wickerpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Has anybody ever been involved with Soulforce? The equality riders? They come to schools and talk about LGBT equality, but most of the time they aren't allowed to come on campus. Unfortunately, their encounters with my university have been very negative. One year some of them were arrested. I go to a private college in the deep south. It's a very homophobic environment. Their request to come to our school was denied this year :frowning2: but no one really listens to them when they come anyway, they just write rude things on the sidewalk in chalk and claim that Soulforce is a "terrorist" organization. I just feel like even though they're not allowed to step on the grounds, my university does a very poor and disappointing job with allowing students to even talk about different opinions, perspectives, and beliefs. We're not allowed to have a gay-straight alliance. Mostly they tell the students to ignore them. If they are ever allowed to come back I'm going to try to help them out like some people did last time they were here (even we have a small gay community, mostly music majors lol).

What do you think about them? Have they come to your school?

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I didn't know about soulforce & no, they have not come to my school. :0 that'd be cool if they did though. My highschool has a GSA, I've never seen what they do in the club. I don't think my high school is homophobic or not, but I think if people heard of someone being an LGBT, they'd talk smack about it.