1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Ever Use A Dating Site?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by secretguyX, Aug 23, 2012.

?

Would You Use a Dating Site?

1. I currently am.

17 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. I used to, but I wouldn't again.

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. I used to, and I would again.

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I never did, but I would.

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. I never did, and I never will.

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  6. I'm not sure if I would or not.

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  1. secretguyX

I know people who use them, such as my mom. So I'm curious how many people would.

2. GreenRaven

I have, and am now. I've had several girlfriends from dating sites, and all of them were pretty good. Now it's harder for me cause I don't know what to put for gender/orientation...so i put female/gay but explained in my bio that i was planning on transitioning.

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I'm not sure if I would or not, I have used dating sites in the past but I've never actually talked to anyone on them. I don't think I would use a dating site anytime soon because I'm still not comfortable with my sexual orientation yet, so wouldn't really want to put up any photos, I have a weird fear that someone I know may see me. Obviously if they were on that site, they would also be gay or bi or even questioning, but it would still be kind of embarassing knowing that they know.

Maybe if I got more comfortable, but I prefer meeting people the good old fashioned way. :slight_smile:

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I am currently using one. I have a possible date on Sunday...

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't yet used one, nor do I think one is in my forseeable future. I chose "haven't, and never will" simply because I don't think I will ever have to. I'm content being alone. If Mr. Wonderful wanders into my life, that's great. But if he doesn't, that's fine too. :slight_smile:

I would though, if I really felt the urge to get out there and meet other gay men with the potential to form a relationship.

6. i am but not for dating. just talking to people :slight_smile:

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hell no.

8. secretguyX

That's what I'm doing to, cause a few of my friends showed me the app meet me. Just talking to a few new people around my area. :slight_smile:

9. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I am currently signed up for a couple. I joined them with the intention of finding a date, but now I use them to find friends.

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I have a profile on one. I don't use it actively, but I keep it up there just to keep all my options open.

11. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never have and probably never would...but I'm not going to totally write off the possibility. It may end up being my only option depending on how life goes. I mean, I don't judge people who do use them, but I'd still feel weird doing it myself.

Besides, (no offense) I would have to say that in my opinion, meeting on a dating site is the least romantic way to meet someone. I'd rather have those cute "how you two met" stories than to just say, oh a computer hooked us up. My gay guy friend told me that he always imagined I'd meet a girl at a coffee shop...he said we'd both be sitting there with our books/laptops doing our own thing. Then we look across the room and make eye contact. Then one of us will walk over to say hi, and boom. Haha. One can dream. But seriously, that's what I want...not to have to say that "we met online." But kudos anyways to anyone who has ever successfully engaged in a relationship through a dating website.

12. Yep. I use one dating site and three apps.

So far no luck in finding Mr.Right (shocker right?), but if I wanted a Mr. Right-now I know that I at least have options. :lol:

13. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Met my boyfriend on a dating site. Satisfied customer right here.

#13 Spatula, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  14. Tim

Tim

I had someone make a profile for me without my permission or knowledge before. Was embarrassing as heck to have a friend tell me about it. :S I think it's still out there somewhere, LOL.

But honestly, I doubt I would ever use one. It's possible, but as I'm not someone typically look at and say "I wanna know him." I see no reason to. xD

15. Hazel

I've always been shy about leaving personally identifiable information lying around online, including photos. I suppose since it's just a dating site I wouldn't have to worry too much, though it would still make me nervous. It's not like the forum I used to moderate where fights where sometimes nasty enough for people's personal identities to get dragged in and I had an actual need to protect myself...

16. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I'd definitely use one. I think they help a lot for us gay people since with those sites you know who you're looking at is gay and a possibility. :grin:

17. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure, to be honest. I mean, would like to cultivate some social skills, see if I can 'hold my own' among other people, but if it got to the point where I willingly got a pet for the company . . . I'd probably try it.

18. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I have in the past and I went on a couple of dates with some awesome guys (one who I ended up working on a project with), but it wasn't really for me. I found out I get very mean/harsh/judgmental on there. Not a side of me that I like too much xD

Also, please keep in mind that, since we have younger people on here, mentioning dating sites by name is not allowed on EC :slight_smile:

19. Pain

Pain Guest

Don't think I ever would want to unless I was really sad or depressed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Then I would just for kicks :lol:

20. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Probably not, but I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

That said, it'd have to be free...I for sure would NEVER use any site that charges.