1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Defense

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Grof142007, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Grof142007

Anyone Know it? Worth Learning?

I was watching some youtube clip and learn a little bit about it. If i was attack i would proably attk the "support area" and manage to escape. Already learn how to keep all my vitals spots safe.

If anyone take any classes feel free to post tip or anything u know.

I really want to learn fully how to defend myself but i wouldnt have the time for classes or the money.

2. Dizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never learned 'self-defense', however |'m a red belt in kickboxing, and if attacked can do a variant of muy thai boxing (which is kickboxing with elbow strikes, hits to the groin, and shoes allowed). I haven't done anything official for a while, so I wouldn't be fast enough against someone who has had martial arts training; but against a mugger or something I could defend myself pretty effectively.

To be honest, I wouldn't go to dedicated self-defense classes, I'd learn a martial art. You'll become much more accomplished, and you can keep learning longer. For complete self-defense I'd learn Krav Maga, a military martial art big on dirty fighting. Alternatively, Alkido is excellent for the DEFENSE part, if not counter-attacking.

3. Jim1454

Isn't that what the 'panic' button on the keyless entry remote is for? :roflmao:

That's the extent of my 'self defense' knowlege. But I highly doubt anyone is looking to 'take advantage' of me any more... :dry:

The fact of the matter is that most criminals I expect are going to have a gun pointed at me if they really want my car or my wallet. So I'll be handing over my car or my wallet, or both, and hoping like hell that they're just going to take off with it.

4. Urman

Urman Guest

Sure its worth it i praticed self defense karata < the last one i took was fun i did this a while back but its worth to learn if u are going to stay with it btw i did it off and on not a good way to going about this.

5. Grof142007

well im jsut cautious cause someone might attk if ithey find out im gay and im very simple minded guy i wouldnt see an attk coming

6. Alexander

I know a bit of self defense, enough to take someone out for long enough to run away or get help. I haven't had a real use for it though (yet).