1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

waiting until im married?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Blu, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Blu

Blu

I'm a virgin and I'm like getting myself ready to start dating but no matter who I meet I would like to wait until there is a strong commitment to go all the way....what I would like to know is, what do you guys think about this and am I the only one whos waiting for someone really special and not the first guy I date.

2. youre not the only one, its common.

dont worry what anyone else thinks, everyone is different.
    some people sleep togethr on the first date. some people dont. some people kiss on the first date some people dont. some people wait till marriage to have sex some dont. some people never want to lose it.

everything is fine, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, its your life :slight_smile:

i want to wait for someone special because i have a fear of being used in that way and i wouldnt want any reputation.

theres nothing wrong with it, you arent alone :slight_smile:

3. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Being the age that I am, and thinking the way you do, doesn't really happen that often. Most people my age have already lost their virginity or plan to, and they don't wait. I really think it's critical for all people to wait.. if not until marriage then at least until they've matured enough to make a proper decision. I don't have much interest in losing my virginity anyways, but, if I were to, I'd definitely wait until marriage. I don't feel like it's such a necessary part of my life. If it happens, it happens, but it will only happen with the person I'm married to. Besides, I don't think there would be any enjoyment out of having sex with someone you're not committed to in every way, there's no passion, there's no romance, so to me, it's pointless to not wait. I don't see the big deal in just waiting, or even just passing up on the whole idea of losing virginity completely. I never understood why everyone was in such a rush.

4. Derpette

Waiting till marriage doesn't work for me. I mean, yes I want my first sex to be with someone I really like, and even though the person probably won't be the one I'll be with for the rest of my life, I don't mind.
    I see it as just doing what feels right in the moment. In that moment, I'm in love with that person and that's why I want to have sex with them. Nothing more or less.

But this is just the way I see it and my personal opinion, do whatever feels right to you.:slight_smile:

5. starfish

It is your life and you have to choose what is right for you. If waiting for marriage to have make you happy then wait.

6. Crystal's Vaporeon

Truthfully all my life Ive always said I would wait until I'm married for my first time (Now just remember that I'm underage in my country) but Ive been dating this guy long distance for 9 months now and I feel really strongly bout him, its gotten to the point where I would consider having my first time with him. Now maybe this is just because of puberty and all but I truly feel like there is something with this guy and I don't want to wait. I know it sound incredibly childish and that I am most likely gonna hurt but I feel like I could say one day that he was the guy I lost it to and not regret that.
    I guess I'm just saying if you feel like that person is actually important to you and you feel like giving him your virginity is something you won regret in the years to come than go for it but if you feel its not right just wait, if he understand it just shows how much he cares.

7. aeva

I think everybody has their own thoughts and feelings when it comes to sex, there's no one right answer. For me, the right time was 15. We'd only dated for 3 months, but we both felt it was right, even though we knew that it was unlikely we'd be together for ever. We broke up about 2 years later, but neither of us regret it to this day.

I have friends all over the map. Some wish they'd waited longer, some wish they'd done it sooner, some think they did it at exactly the right time (all of us had lost it by our freshman year of college though). If you think that waiting is right for you, then it's right. Nobody knows you better than yourself, nobody else can tell you when you're ready. I also don't think you should feel any shame for NOT waiting either, should somebody come along that changes your mind.

8. SkyDiver

I think it's awesome and admirable. :slight_smile: I'm waiting for that special one as well.