1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't be a part of the Church anymore.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Salazar, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Salazar

Jesus Christ, and yes, I do realise the irony. What the fuck is wrong with the Catholic Church? All is all well and good until gays, or 'grotesque sebversives', as our dear Cardinal O'Brien believes we like to be known, are given the equal rights we deserve. Calling a large group of his congregation, and an equally large portion of his clergy, calling to mind the clichéd topic of the pedophile/gay priest scandals, grotesque subversives cannot be a good idea. This man is a bigoted moron of the highest caliber.

The Church, in the UK at least, has taken upon itself the role of morality police. They are not giving their point of view and not caring what anyone thinks, as is their right, they are, instead, trying to ram their opinion so far down our throats that they may as well sort out remove my appendix while they're down there!

They stand around proclaiming their cuntish views, rather than 'spreading the love', as it were. They have, in their infinite wisdom, decided that it is not enough to confuse everyone by rewording the mass, taking us back about 400 years, unnecessarily, but they have also forbidden the sale of meat in Catholic schools on Fridays. Apparently, this will increase our spirituality or some shite like that, as though my not eating meat for one meal a week would somehow show the J man that I love him really, and am sorry for being a fairy.

I also object to the Church's linking of homosexuality and pedophilia. Thank you all very much for telling me not only that I am not only an 'abomination', but am also a rapist of the worst kind.

Having said all of this, I do love the Church's traditions in terms of Latin, and recognise that the church does still do a lot of good, particularly the Jesuits, who are by far the most liberal order. I also realise that the vast majority of Catholics are actually pro-gay, according to many surveys, and indeed my own experience. This is particularly true of the youngest Catholics.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I cannot willingly participate in an organisation who's leadership despises me. The bells of change are ringing, and once the Church answers, I may one day return. Thanks for reading my rant!

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Don't be a part of it if you are discriminated against.

3. Wayfarer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When it comes to people like Cardinal O'Brien, I've decided to pay attention to and live by Jesus' words of love and kindness to all, as opposed to some ignorant homophobe who bases their hatred of me off of a few lines of Leviticus.

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I felt the same way, and to be honest I feel happier haven broken free of the Church. I spent 20 years as a Catholic, going through a Jesuit Catholic high school and university, I used to attend the Tridentine Latin Mass...but I realized Catholicism was causing me needless guilt and, moreover, making me lie to myself. For years I foresaw meeting a devout Catholic girl at church to marry and popping out lots of kids to be baptized in Holy Mother Church, and any attraction to the same sex I was experiencing would go away, or at least just be kept a secret forever. Catholicism's teachings on sexuality are in general rather unhealthy in my opinion, encouraging repression and turning beautiful things in dirty, sinful things.

The Catholic Church messing with the lives of its own adherents is one thing, but the Church trying to force its views into government and dictate policy for secular society is another thing altogether. It's been going on in the U.S. for a while, as well as in the U.K. and Europe. It's rather sickening to hear some bishop or cardinal come out and talk about how homosexuality is a sin that will destroy civilization, while the Church has covered up and protected child rapists on a massive scale for decades.

I suggest not associating with the Catholic Church. Ironically it was during time while studying abroad in Rome that I decided I was done with Catholicism, and I've only become more fervently anti-religion since then.

5. Gen

Gen

One thing to remember is that you dont have to live by anyone's rules. There are millions of people who, despite believe in god/higher being/etc, do not follow any specific religion. I have faith in my beliefs, not in the man. My beliefs are, overall, most similar to the Christianity, but I do not feel obligated to go to "church" or read the bible. I trust my intelligence enough to come to my own conclusions. Almost all religions have the same general idea, but differ in the ways they follow that belief out.

If they have to right to decide what is right for them, than you can do the same. You dont have to denounce your beliefs because they dont agree. They are your beliefs and others have no place in them.

6. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should look for a different church instead of giving up on the Catholic Church in general. I am a catholic and my church only talks about love, and is very supportive of gay rights.

7. Seagypsy

I'm a Christian (not a Catholic though!!!) and I believe that God knows exactly how we feel and how we think, He knows us better than we know ourselves! Therefore, how could God feel 'disgusted' or not understand when we fall for a person of the same gender??

He knows our feelings, and if we are feeling love then He feels all the love that we feel, and much more! God IS love.

God has both male and female traits, masculine and feminine, motherly and fatherly traits in Him, which he uses to create and care for the world. So of course He can understand when we feel like we are a different gender from what our body might be (*hug*)