1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bored at work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dummy, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Dummy

So I'm stuck here in front of a computer at work bored to death. What do you do to make time go faster? Any suggestions?:eusa_pray:eusa_whis

2. BudderMC

I find Minecraft is a good timekiller, at least at my work... it's easily time-consuming, can be fun to play, and easy to pause and minimize/close at any given moment if someone happens to come up behind you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Dummy

Heh... thanks.:slight_smile:

4. Romi

Let's see, I'm sure some of my suggestions would only appeal to people like me or Gen. Writers. Because automatically the first thing that comes to my mind is...

"How can you be bored with so many things to write and work out?"

But then I remember not everyone is a writer. :lol:

But, computer games are obviously a good way to pass the time, especially if you're already on a computer.

Bejewled is one of my favorites. Alchemy. Bubbletown. Mahjong. Flowerz. All of these are games you can find on Zone.com.

Then of course there are the given games on any Windows. Hearts and Solitaire are fun. Spider Solitaire is even better. Annnnnd Minesweeper! >.>

5. Gen

Gen

I cant vouch for both Mincraft and creative writing :slight_smile:. Minecraft is quite addictive

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've killed a lot of time with Bloons Tower Defense. (Not the sequels. I like the simple elegance of the original.)

You can also kill a lot of time by archive-binging Tumblr blogs. If you find a blog you like that has been active for a while, there's your day right there.

7. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh I hated having down time during my internship this summer. There were some days when I finished all my projects and they didn't have anything else for me to do; I'd just surf the web until I got to leave. You can waste a lot of time on Tumblr, as Owen said. Or just browse through this forum and respond to any and all questions! I also went on Yahoo Answers and answered some people's questions there.

8. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Seriously, before Tumblr, I had no idea what I was missing out on. If you've got a fandom you support, it'll be a good time-waster. Writing or reading fanfics is good too :slight_smile:

9. BudderMC

Stumbleupon is another good one, if you aren't a fan of Tumblr. Just pick something you're interested in and stumble all day long.

10. vyvance

I kill time by not looking at the clock and just working. Amazing how much faster time goes when you don't check the clock every few minutes.

11. Dummy

I shall now try to do all the things you proposed. Oh and I can't write because there are too many things distracting me which annoys me when I want to write.

12. Given To Fly

I tend to either watch a dvd if I'm on a late shift, or I'll read blogs, or plan trips away - look for flights etc. Tonight I'll probably be planning things to do in Florida in November, and when I've had enough of that I'll stick a film on.