1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Power Rangers Day!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by littlebear133, Aug 28, 2012.

1. littlebear133

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    19 years ago today the first episode of The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers aired!

It's Morphin' Time!!

And may the power always be with you!

2. Kat kanu

heck yeah i call the pink ranger!!!!!!

3. littlebear133

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As Long as I'm the Green Ranger! or White!

4. Gen

Gen

I'm sorry, but I will have to kill you for green >:C.

You can have white though ^_^.

5. littlebear133

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have 5 Power Rangers Shirts, One of which is the Green Ranger Shirt, but I suppose you can never have to many Tommy Olivers :wink: hmmm

6. Kat kanu

woooo we got three go go power rangers

7. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Finally!!! After ten-thousand years i'm free!!!

It's time to conquer earth!!!

8. Jonathan

:grin:
    [YOUTUBE]oRojY4uZNI8[/YOUTUBE]

9. SunSparks

[​IMG] EEEEEEKKK!!!!! I'll be blue just because! The entire thing may be older than me but... seriously! So fun! Go go Power rangers :grin:

10. Eleanor Rigby

I read "Harry Potter Rangers day"... and it took me 5 seconds to tell myself "But... That doesn't make sense !"

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow I can't believe it's been that long. I remember watching the first episode of MMPR back in 1993 before school started one morning... makes me feel old! :lol:

12. SlickyPants

Wow, I still remember when I watched it for the first time. I think YTV in Canada might have aired it a few months later than the U.S. but I remember watching TV the day it first aired and seeing promos for this new show and I was blown away by it. I think there was some complaints about the violence so YTV pulled it from their lineup but I think I still managed to watch it on some other channel.

13. Just Adam

Just wish theyd hurry up and release the 20th anniversary sets over here already.

14. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Another one who sees this and feels really old! Power rangers was a massive influence on me when it first came out, it got me into martial arts and I still practice today (4th degree black belt, hopefully more to come). It also provided my first clue that I liked boys, although I wasn't smart enough to figure it out at the time, when Tommy kissed Kimberley and I had this weird feeling of being jealous of Kimberley. Of course I was too young to really know what that was then, but looking back it is obvious.

15. Tim

Tim

It was actually the 27th, not the 28th. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The official 20th Anniversary Website is up: Power Rangers | Go Go Downloads

They have some neat wallpapers up, which include the MMPR (not green, but white), and the Megaforce suits.

[​IMG][​IMG]

For example. XD (Used Pink as Pink is awesome. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) There's also a couple shots of the Red Rangers.

In case anyone is curious, the show is actually still going, using the footage from new seasons of Super Sentai, as per usual, though now we're behind like 2 seasons because of Saban buying the rights back from Disney, and the new season casting just finished and they debuted at Power Morphicon. The show will be Power Rangers Megaforce, which will premiere after Power Rangers Super Samurai ends.

For the first time, every ranger is a different ethnicity. (Using these terms as it's easier than going back and looking up all the countries of origins again xD) Red is Hispanic, Black is Middle Eastern, Pink is Asian, Blue is Black, and Yellow is White. (Pink is half-white though)

The casting actually caused controversy during the end phase. One of the pink potentials, Sundai Love, from America's Next Top Model, was told she was not chosen as Pink because they had already cast another black person, in one of the male roles. It exploded on twitter and on racebending.com.

[​IMG]

And the helmets, for anyone who wants a close-up. xD

[​IMG]

These are from the Sentai Goseiger, but like MMPR, they will be using the zord footage from the Sentai Gokaiger in the second half of Megaforce, and may even switch their suits, similar to MMPR -> Zeo -> Turbo > Space did.

I hope they do though.

[​IMG]

Awesome Pirate suits are awesome. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There's also hints that like Gokaiger, past rangers will return (as in, the actual actor/actress), as a tribute for the season. Sadly, for those unaware, Thuy (Trini in MMPR) and Peta (Udonna in Mystic Force) have passed away.

Then the eventual season after that will use these:

[​IMG]

Which is currently failing hardcore in Japan, by ratings standards. I actually despise the series. I'm hoping the second half is better. xD I still think it's the fact they're taking the "Serious" approach with the show, instead of the usual comedy in Sentai series.

However, to note, in this season, the morphing call in Japan is actually "It's Morphing Time!"

The show also seems to have been inspired by Power Rangers RPM somewhat. The main villain is a computer virus who wants to take over the world, and creates human-like enemies and robots to fight the rangers. However, unlike RPM, he is trapped in another dimension, whereas in RPM, he had already succeeded in taking over the world, aside from the one city the rangers were left to defend.

#15 Tim, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012