1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

did you move to a big city?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunnii, Aug 28, 2012.

1. sunnii

like you always hear about move to a city. urban areas are more accepting have more gay people etc. are any of you from small towns that moved to cities? what city did you move to?

2. Jared

I grew up on a farm with no neighbors for a few miles :frowning2: I moved to Los Angeles to go to UCLA for college, way better than where I grew up.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I moved to Denver...but from San Francisco. Actually a bit of a step down. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. SunSparks

Hahaha, I just moved from Los Angeles to Nowheresville, NY xD After four years here, I plan on going to NorCal...not really SF tho :slight_smile:

Also, I have to say, while thats generally true, when your at my age and Los Angeles = parents and Nowheresville, NY = freedom, I feel MUCH better here....

5. Dalmatian

In my own little corner of the world, yes, I moved from a few-thousand-people town to an almost-a-million city. But I plan to move further relatively soon.

And for acceptance, this city is much much better than my home town. Still, it is not accepting enough and I am not comfortable enough.

6. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm still at high school, so not yet. Well, Leeds is technically a big city (we do have about 3 quarters of a million people, maybe even more than that) and in the top 5 in England regarding population, London is the only true big city in England. That is the easiest destination for me (based on visas, same language etc.) but I may move abroad one day. In fact I'd love to, it's just a question of how easy it would be. Definitely going to move out of Leeds when I finish high school (6th form) in 2 years though.

7. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I probably will when I go to college and see if I like it better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Cant stand large cities. Live in the country, have all my life. Love it, sometimes i walk for a few hours. I'd miss that a lot if i moved to a city.

9. FJ Cruiser

I'm from a small city of about 250,000, and I'm going to school in the downtown of a metro of about 1.8 million. My hometown is known for being hyper-conservative (which is really strange for a college town), and it made the national spotlight last week for one of the county judges making statements that Obama might start a civil war. *rolleyes*

The city I'm going to school in has a reputation for "weird" and being a young person mecca, so it's exponentially more accepting. It's often cited as one of the better cities for LGBT people in the nation.

10. prism

I'm the complete opposite.

I moved from a huge city to NYC, so I've always lived in metropolitan areas. I can't even imagine living in a small town. My only regret is that I've only seen a sky full of stars twice in my entire life.