1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would u rather be bisexual then gay/lesbian?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Swapnil, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Swapnil

I myself beleive that bisexual people can just enjoy the best of both worlds. And thats y I sometimes think that it is better to be a bisexual rather than a homosexual..

Guys n Gals....wat are your views about it?:slight_smile:

2. brocub

No, because bisexual people have to endure added crap from the lgbtq community for being bi. Bisexual men are thought to be "gay in denial," and are looked down upon for their sexual orientation and I have heard that a number of women would not be in a relationship with a man they knew was bisexual. Bisexual women are thought to "just do it for men's attention," and I've heard many lesbian women say they would not date a bisexual. People are always afraid that a bisexual partner is more likely to cheat on them just because they aren't a form of monosexual. Also more people view bisexuality as being a phase.

3. Sayu

I don't know really. I think of this too from time to time. I am still questioning, but I think I am probably a lesbian although boys sometimes catch my eye too. I don't really want to think of myself as a bisexual, because that is the same thing as questioning for me and I hate questioning (I've been doing that for three years and it annoys me). I'm not saying that bisexuality doesn't exist. I believe that there are people who fall in love with both boys and girls equally but that's not myself, so that does not fit to me and that's why I don't like being address to as bisexual. Falling in love with a girl is much more different and intense for me than a crush on a boy. I would rather use a Kinsey scale for my identification and I think that would be something like 4.5 :slight_smile:

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    all of that stuff doesn't bother me enough to answer the title question with anything but 'yes'. I get to experience more things that way. Fuck what people think! =D

5. Honestly, I'd rather be either gay or straight. Being bi is...... complicated...

6. julia

No, I think I'd rather stay gay. The concept of bisexuality is really complicated and I'd feel like I'd be missing something if I was dating a guy or if I was dating a girl.

7. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's so rare that I can find a person that I truly connect with, so I'm glad I'm at least open to both genders. I wouldn't want my dating pool limited any further.

8. IanGallagher

As someone above said... I'd rather be gay or straight lol... being bi, makes you the unknown to two groups of people - straights and gays - and people have difficulties with those they don't understand. We're basically mythological creatures lol.

9. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is a more complicated life but it's worth it, despite the stigma.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As brocub said, bisexuality does come with a cost. People have said rude offensive shit even here on Empty Closets about how "I'm afraid to date a bi guy because he might cheat on me with a girl" and "bis can't be satisfied unless they have both." But my very favorite is "bisexuality is a bridge to gay."

It's great, but you stand a 100% chance of getting marginalized at some point by the gay (yes, gay) community.

11. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No; as hard as it is to be gay, I'm glad to be and would want to stay that way.
    I just like women :icon_wink

But maybe if every single person was bisexual, then things would be "easier" since everyone has a chance with everyone. No more dreaded hopelessly falling in love with your straight friends! At least if everyone was bi, there'd be the slightest chance that you could be with the person of your desire.

12. CelticRae

Bi sexuality in my partners doesn't really matter to me at all. I know some lesbians that won't date bi sexual women at all because they believe that those women are only bi for a temporary period of their lives. I don't believe that. What I have noticed however is that every woman who took a serious interest in me was Bi sexual. Not a big deal to me. I only like women but what their preference is doesn't matter to me as long as they like women too.

13. fulcrum

I dont know. Ive never really gotten to know any bi people in my life yet. So I dont know what its like to be attracted to both genders. Im sure its much more complicated than the simplistic "I love all people" explanations we usually get.

14. Bi As A Kite

This 1000%.

15. Seagypsy

NO, is my response, it is NOT easy being bi....

And personally speaking, I CANNOT enjoy the best of both worlds, and I CANNOT just 'act straight', because even though my preference seems to be for men, I can't fancy STRAIGHT men (as they are too macho for me!) I only like gay or bi guys, and this means that most of the ones I like are not available.

I fancy people of both genders who have a blend of traits from each gender, masculine and feminine rolled into one. That is not easy, especially because these people don't come along every day and most of them are also bisexual, which is fine except that they often are not single... :rolle:

16. Ems827

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. Being out as bi would mean that people are most likely going to be quicker to judge you and call you an attention hog, fake, etc.

Personally I think it is going to be easier for my family to accept that I'm gay than it would be if I were bi, although that might not be the case for everybody else.

17. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Neyahh.... NO. WAY. IN. H-E-L-L. Penises totally gross me out.

18. SFSorrow

Recently I've been coming round to the idea that I'm settling into identifying as bisexual and it's getting a bit tiring how many people's immediate reaction is to say I'm being 'greedy'.

19. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This.

20. Mikeyk733

I think we're all bisexual to some extent; but it's more "socially acceptable" to prefer one or the other. I believe in being attracted to the person, and in the past, it's been both genders.