1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Housing, power, & breakers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, Aug 29, 2012.

1. BudderMC

Hey guys, little problem here. We've just lost power in our upstairs bathroom/my mom's room. Normally my dad would be the one to take care of it, but he's gone and not answering his phone at the minute. So far all we've been trying to do is flip the breakers, but nothing's changed, even when flipping the main power.

I suspect that whatever's happened to the power is because it was overloaded in the bathroom (but that's a different story). Obviously calling an electrician is the obvious answer, but does anyone else have any suggestions in the meantime? She's kinda freaking out (due to other reasons as well), so it's a little bit up to me to find a fix, and the sooner the better. Thanks!

2. candles and torches are your friend :slight_smile:

but im no good with fixing electrics sooooo idk ^ those would be all you could use for now

3. SlickyPants

I would have tried flipping the breakers but it seems like you've tried that. I guess just use the downstairs bathroom or try your aim in the dark.

4. Aldrick

5. BudderMC

^ thanks for the link, I'm gonna go check over those now.

In retrospect, I don't think any of the breakers were actually tripped (though I'm going to go doublecheck that now)... so if it's not the breakers that's the issue, does anyone else have any idea on why the power would suddenly cut out? Something more easily diagnosed?

6. Aldrick

Not being an electrician, I can't say for sure. After you said you flipped the breakers, my random guess was that maybe a fuse had blown. That's why I posted the link; hopefully it'd help you get a better idea of what went wrong, and how to fix it.

7. adhawk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If its a bathroom its probably a gfci outlet which is tripped. If your outlet has 2 buttons on it push the reset button tell it clicks and that should fix it.