1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta Pride Moved and Rescheduled

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Perrygay, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I know it sounds terrible, but I'm actually kind of glad. My bi friend and I were going to go have a "queer's day out" and go up to Atlanta for the festival. But when Atlanta Pride announced the orginal dates, June 20-23, I found out that I wasn't going to be in Georgia on those days and it ruined our plans. Now, we can still go together and I'm thrilled.

However, it is a bad situation. On one hand, almost everyone in Georgia had their grass die over the summer because of the drought and everyone knows that Piedmont Park's grounds couldn't sustain a big event because of the drought. On the other hand, the city practically bled Atlanta Pride of its money when they made them move the venue. What do you think is fair in this situation? Should the city waive the permit fee, or should Atlanta Pride still have to pay it? After all, the city of Atlanta didn't create the drought.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.ajc.com/services/content...valsweb_0126.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13