1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys! Gay pride festival?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vanille, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Vanille

Just this summer have I actually come to the realization that I am indeed gay. I'm in my first year in college so I'm hoping to be more open about my sexuality. Today I just happened to google "savannah pride festival" and found out that it is being held the Saturday after next! :grin: For some reason I thought it would've been held already...but seems not. So! As you can tell I am excited and I really want to go. I'm kind of bummed because I don't have a car and I don't know anyone at my school that would be willing to go/take me. ..Maybe I should take the bus..I'll figure it out. Anyway can some of you tell me how you liked it or how your first experience at Pride was?

2. Dummy

I haven't been in one but I want to go to the next one in my country. So if you go tell me what it was like. :slight_smile:

3. Vanille

4. korovin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am going on one tomorrow! The whole festival thing started today, ends on saturday I think. Anyway, at first I am going to meet up with a friend at five o'clock at some pride fair and then we're goint to join the parade. ^^
    Was at the pride information tent today and bought myself a pride dog-tag necklace (love it), I am thinking about buying a flag tomorrow too, though I don't know what to do with it after the festival. It would just be cool to have one. x)
    So anyways, I am really, really, really excited! This is the first pride festival in my city and I hope it's going to be fun and return next year!

5. i think it varies slightly from country to country but in the uk, most have a huge parade with floats and things, and a big stage where music is played.
    its awesome!

i just felt so at home and i didnt have to worry because everyone around me was lgbt :slight_smile:

6. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I went to my 1st pride festival last year. I'd wanted to go for a number of years before that, but was much too afraid/uncomfortable for 2 main reasons: what if someone sees me there and I would be going by myself

I finally decided to 'just go' (partially because I really wanted to, partially from what people said on another forum I'm on)
    The uncomfortable-ness I had just went away fully once I actually arrived :slight_smile:. I actually felt I fit right in there. There was tons of people at it, and i gotta say It was awesome to finally go... (I've been to a couple others since then, and might go to one in a couple weeks)

I didn't want to deal with the mess of driving/parking in the city, so I just drove to one of the train stops, and took that into the city :slight_smile:

7. Vanille

Ahh I am getting more excited. I think I'll end up going by myself but I totally don't have a problem with that since a lot of people will be there. That's if I can actually go. Lol gotta figure out this bus schedule.. Anyway thanks for the feedback everyone!