1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pin-ups

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Danny19, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Danny19

What up guys. i didnt know where to post this. lol..

anyways... i have been wanting to get another tattoo. I have always wanted a pin up chick on my forearm. i think they look real nice. But i told my friend and she asked why and said that thats gonna confuse people when i come out. I however dont think so. I am gay and shit but i can definitely appreciate a woman. That doesnt mean im gonna be straight.. however she did get me to think... So i wanted to know what you guys thought?

2. PurpleCrab

While I believe strongly that everybody should choose their own tattoos to their liking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

... I also believe everybody should be extra careful as to what messages the choice of the tattoo might send out. Because once it's tattooed, you'll just send out that message all the time your skin is exposed to all strangers who gaze at you. Image and perception isn't everything but it CAN give you an hard time dating... Guys will think you like women and are straight or at least bisexual.

But you could get your pinup tattooed and have a clear saying on the side pointing up to the fact that you're gay... something fitting for you, that sounds and looks good, something clever... No real example comes to mind, maybe something like: Even the gayest gay guys can appreciate a beautiful woman. It kinds of outs you at the same time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Your Comprehensive Guide To David Robert’s Tattoos | MTV FORA

I don't know if you've either heard or seen the show 1 Girl 5 Gays, but there is one guy on there who has a pin-up tattoo. In the article he explains his reasoning for getting his done.

I partially agree with PurpleCrab, however I'm going to just say, it's your self-expression and while the pin-up 'may' deter you from some men because they might be unsure, I'd say that could be the case regardless of a tattoo. I mean, unless we have "GAY" tattooed on our foreheads, you can never really be sure anyways.

So, I wouldn't be too concerned what other people think anyways. As someone who loves tattoos, and wants more of my own, I'm save to say we've already limited our chances of meeting 'someone' just for the sake that we have any to begin with.

4. King

King Guest

I personally like the idea of a pin-up girl tattoo. I think it if the actual tattoo looks nice, then it wouldn't matter. If I was more ballsy, I would probably consider the same tattoo, but I also don't know where my life is going...
    At the end of the day, a tattoo wouldn't confuse people about your orientation enough to matter. Go for it. :slight_smile:

5. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A pinup is such a classic tattoo subject that I don't think you should necessarily not get one just because you're gay. But I think you should be mindful about what you want it to say about you, other than it just being a pretty girl. The nice thing about pinups is that it's really easy to give them a theme, so you could easily pick something that relates to your interests. However, I think you could go with a more generic subject if the style is really classic and retro. That way it would just show your appreciation for tattoo art and culture.

6. Danny19

Well last night i was thinking about it. and i really wanted. So after reading these responses I'm getting it. Fuck it haha. I doubt ima end up single just cuz of a tattoo. Maybe before the end of the year or next year. im excited! :slight_smile:

7. julia

Glad you're deciding to get it! I was just coming in to chime in and say you should go for it :slight_smile: Screw what anyone else thinks of your tat, I LOVE pin-up girl tattoos, they usually come out really lovely.

8. Danny19

Yea im glad im getting it. lol. They do come out awesome. hopefully mine does as well!

9. AshSlash

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    As long as you like it I think that is all that really matters. I have a pinup girl on my forearm, and I've been very happy with her.