1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I'm interested to know

Now this has never happened to me thank god but I guess you've gotta be prepared for it with the way some people are in this world.

Now I woud like to know...

What would you do if you were out your boyfriend or girlfriend and someone or a group of people began name calling and yelliing abusive words about you or gay people in general. What would you do?

Would you rub it in further and kiss said boyfriend/girlfriend or would you do something different.

So...

2. Dummy

It has happend to me. Usually they just go away. They don't stay there long enough. There was a guy once that passes by us every 1 minute until the third time my girl said to him "What's your f:***:ng problem?" He went away and returned only after she had left just to shout to me "dykes. :***:dykes" while on his bike so he was on the move and just left. I just ignore it. But only because I live in this city. If it happens again anywhere else I don't think that I'll be very kind to them.:tantrum:

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I have to admit, the temptation to rub it in by getting all lovey-dovey would be pretty hard to resist. :lol:

4. i have had that problem, im scared for my own life so i dont do anything apart from walk on. i dont know if they might get violent toward me so best if i ignore and walk on.

5. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

I would probably be terrified and just take it, or, if they're female, I'd probably blow a kiss to them and wink in that awkward and sorta creepy way that I wink. Now if they insult my girlfriend, I'd probably be tempted to beat them to death with their own spinal cord.

But the people in my town are pretty liberal, so I don't think there's really gonna be an issue if I'm just walking around holding hands with a beautiful lady.

6. Ianthe

It would depend on the situation, and whether I feared physical violence.

7. PurpleCrab

I have went through this, usually I just keep standing straight and stare them right in the eyes and smile. Their confidence is usually very shaky compared to mine and I'm always ready for a fight while they seldom are.

I never got in one of the worst case scenario where they gang up on us and attack us with weapons but in that case I'd try to call the cops and I would make the most noise I can possibly make to alert people.

8. King

King Guest

I'm a huge pansy when it comes to confrontation, so I'd probably ignore it. Then again, I don't see myself being too much into PDA so it'd be a shot in the dark for someone to yell at me and my boyfriend about being fags.
    Though one time, some thirteen year old called me a fag as he rode by on his bike... I very quickly yelled, "Only for you!" Clearly I was joking, but he wasn't too impressed, but I also wasn't worried about violence because he was young and alone.

...Reading that back, it sounds creepy. I promise it wasn't.

9. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I agree with this to an extent as it would depend on the situation. If there was a chance of physical violence, then I'd probably just ignore it.

But seeing the look on they face if me and a potential future boyfriend if went all lovey dovey would be priceless... I think...

10. J Snow

This has never happened to me, but I feel as though I would probably just try to ignore it in all honestly. I'm a very passive non-confrontational person.

11. Vesper

I have no idea how I'd behave in a situation like this. I'd like to think that I will just ignore the idiots, but my ability to hold my feelings in has been weakening steadily for a couple of years now, and I won't rule out completely snapping and getting physical.

12. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never been bothered by anyone about it. Despite my city being a cultural wasteland, the people don't seem to mind LGBT folks.

From what I've seen, nobody else gets harassed about it much either. Sometimes I see lesbian couples openly making out and holding hands, but they're accepted by nearly everyone. Most people have other things to worry about.

But if someone did harass me, I would probably just ignore them. Not a violent person, so I'd rather avoid any conflict if possible.

13. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Well this has never happened to me since I have always been single but, if it ever does I would walk away from the situation. People are unpredictable and I don't want to ever be stuck in a violent situation, especially with someone I care about.

14. timo

I've learnt to ignore this kind of thing and not give a fuck. People call names only to make themselves feel better and to prove to their friends how cool they are. Problem for them is that I don't respond so that takes out half the fun :grin: Sometimes I try to come up with some smartass line, but usually miserably fail at this. And I don't want to end up in a physical fight, so ignoring is better anyway.

15. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't rub in in their face, because I'm not that out yet.. I'd feel too uncomfortable doing that. I would however, confront them. That's what I've always done, even before I knew I liked guys myself. I just can't stand that kind of stupidity. I've even once gotten into a physical fight over the subject (when I was still straight!).
    Luckily, it doesn't happen that often that I hear people saying offensive things about gay people :slight_smile:

16. Blu

Blu

I'm a fighter and I fight....duh....I don't handle disrespect well.

17. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, say it's just open person and not a group, I wouldn't have any problem using force. But they would have to be threatening myself or my partner.

I've been trained in self defense during my days in a fight club, so if it came down to blows then I'm sure I could hold my own. Still, I'm very hesitant to use it unless it's absolutely necessary, because I fear accidentally maiming someone.

See, homophobia's a big pet peeve. I try to be peaceful all the time, because if/when I indulge in the aggressiveness, I tend to lose total control. Not knowing what would happen would be awful. It's almost like letting the homophobes win, because then they could ruined my life. They're so not worth it.

Instead, I try to verbally pwn them, which has become something of a hobby lately :slight_smile: I'm getting good at it too. Making them look like ignorant fucks is fun, because I'm a good debater. Rather than insult, I use facts and logic, thereby exposing them for the ignoramuses they are. If they're not reactionary, maybe putting some intelligent thought into their inept minds can help them change their opinion on homosexuality.

But if it's a group, I'll just ignore it. There's always the possibility that they could be armed. I may own hardcore, but even I can't defeat a gang of 10 homophobes.

#17 AtheistWorld, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012