1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pancake, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Pancake

Hey guys,

I don't really know where to start with this post. I'll begin with a bit about myself then. I registered on the site on my 13th birthday (over 4 years ago). I was quite active on the site back then, but my activity died off, after an 'event'. The older admins and mods will know what I'm talking about. What happened in the 'event' didn't influence my activity itself, rather I just didn't feel as attached to the site - I think I probably just wanted to distance myself from it. Paul_UK helped my out so much back then. He was so easy to talk to about everything that was going on. I've never properly thanked him, so this is probably it: If you are reading this Paul, I would like to say a huge thank you for all that you did back then. It made things so much easier to manage for me. I won't go into any more details about it.
    This all occurred in mid 2008. My activity was pretty much nill after August 2008. This is my first post in over a year.

I have logged into the site every couple months since then, but haven't posted much. It's changed a lot since then. Back then, pretty much all members knew each other, but the community seems to have expanded a lot. Looking at the profiles of the people I knew best, they all seem to have gone inactive. Most of them haven't logged in in over a year. There's probably not too many of you that were members during the time that I was active, and even less that remember who I am.

I decided to post mainly because I saw this video earlier: Transgender Coming Out - YouTube
    It reminded me of this website and how much I loved it. I most likely still won't be very active now, but I will still visit. I don't feel that this website is quite right for me now, but back then, it was. It was somewhere I could just be myself and not be judged. It totally changed the way I am - I am deeply indebted to this site.

I decided not to post this in 'Welcomes' but here, because this is more of a reflection.

This was a hard post for me to write, and I was shaking a bit while writing it, although I don't quite know why. Probably because of all the feelings and emotions I have associated with the website.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. There's so much more that I want to write, I just can't express it.

John.

#1 Pancake, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  2. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Welcome back!:grin:

3. Gen

Gen

Welcome Back ^_^.

Though I have to warn you. There is a poster on here named Waffles and he might try to take you out for your dislike of his brethren. Just watch your back :C.

You didnt hear this from me >_>...... <_<.................