1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey are tattoos unappealing im just wondering....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vexious, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Vexious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to get a tattoo that says descensus ad inferos facillis est on my right arm but I still want to look attractive do you all think this will be a problem?

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2012 at 06:26 PM ----------

And to those who speak Latin don't judge

2. Gen

Gen

There appealing/unappealing to some. It really depends on the person. I wouldnt mind a tattoo as long as it was on a usually conserved part of the body.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Personally, I'm neutral toward them; they neither add to no detract from a guy's attractiveness for me. That said, I am drawn toward people with tattoos because I find that unconventional people make the best friends. But if it's just a tattoo of words, I don't think that will change how attractive you are to people, unless there's some intricate art accompanying the words, or unless they're huge.

4. Tattoos aren't unappealing to me, but people basing their actions and/or behaviours off of what other people like is pretty unattractive. Just do what you want; people will be attracted to your confidence in your own decisions, and they'll be people who like you for who you really are, not a person you're trying to be.

5. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I luuuuuuuuurrve tattoos. :3

6. Ridiculous

To me is depends on the tattoo. Generally I find words to be a bit tacky. Big, intricate/coloured designs also look a bit gaudy to me.

On the other hand, clean geometric-type designs in particular are tattoos that I like. A small embellishment rather than the whole event.

7. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I might not want to make a commitment to someone who has a tattoo, because it sometimes shows that they don't have good judgement for the future. My classmate got a tattoo that says, "Obama 2012." That's what I mean. In a few months, that will look absolutely stupid. It's the same for tattooing the name of a boy or girlfriend--bad idea. Some aren't bad; my friend has a tattoo of the Olympic rings since he went to the Olympic trials. It depends.

For yours, I don't know, it seems a little dark. And pretentious. I speak latin, but most people will not understand it and think you're trying to assert how great you are at languages. Also, good luck with atheists and jews…

By the way, it means descent into hell is easy, for those who don't speak latin.
    And you misspelled facilis.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm considered something of a freak among my friends...because I DON'T have any ink. Nearly all my friends have at least one tattoo, and roughly half have their entire sleeves done.

What do I think of them? The smaller ones are usually pretty neat, but I find the larger (and multiple) ones rather distracting. After all, it's the canvas not the artwork that I really find attractive. :slight_smile:

That seems to be the way with tattoos. "Tell me it's cool, or go to hell." :slight_smile:

Lex

9. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why should it matter if it something you want and are passionate about get it. It really should not matter what anyone else thinks. Also if a person cant get past a tattoo that has meaning to you the that is their lost.

10. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't personally like them but at the same time it wouldn't stop me from liking someone.

11. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I looove tattoos, they get me every time.

12. Jared

I don't particularly like tattoos, but that wouldn't stop me from liking someone with tattoos, especially if the tats have some sort of meaning and aren't just random.

13. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

mine look cool and good

14. prism

I have seen some very nice, elegant tattoos that I have liked on people. On the whole, I think they detract from the person and I imagine them regretting it when they're older. Can't say if it would majorly affect my attraction to someone though.

15. rg93

If it isn't some meaningless crap like YOLO or SWAG, and doesn't cover your face, I'd be okay with it! :grin:

16. Vexious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well Umm kool thanks for ya'lls input soon as I have the money I'm getting it , surrounded by flames .... :slight_smile: but I wonder how much it'll cost....

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2012 at 08:31 PM ----------

Oh and off topic where's a good place to meet guys?

17. coolbreeze90

coolbreeze90 Guest

wut about LOL? :grin:
    Tattoos are HOT!

18. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think tattoos are pretty attractive. Lol I actually take requests and create tribal designs for people..

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tattoo parlors. :slight_smile:

Lex

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sort of depends on what the tattoo is. Most people think of biker or skinhead tattoos and so associate them with aggressive and belligerent people. But most often I have seen tasteful tattoos, particularly on women.

Basically, if it's not a skull and crossbones, I'm fine. :lol: