1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AtheistWorld, Aug 31, 2012.

1. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was on YT and the site recommended a video of one of my favorite things when I was a kid. The video it recommended was one starring my favorite wrestler, the Disco Inferno!

[YOUTUBE]wcw disco inferno 1st theme - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Seeing this made me miss WCW, because I just loved wresting when I was younger. Now it's boring. Back then though, all the cool kids watched it. I loved Disco because he had awesome music, he was fun to watch, and he had a vibrant personality.

I was a fervent DI fan until WCW went bankrupt. Then after that, I followed him for a bit on TNA when they would air it on pay-per-view, but the character wasn't anywhere near as great as it was in WCW. I blame that on bad writing though.

Anyways, I miss the good ol' days. So what are things you all liked as kids? Feel free to share any videos of your favorite things.

2. Vanille

Anytime I run across things on youtube related to Toonami I feel all great inside. I know Toonami is back now but it feels like I'm watching Adult Swim. I'm still glad it's back though. Hearing theme songs from shows back then really bring me back. Also when I play old video games like Spyro, Tomb Raider, Crash and Tony Hawk Pro Skater I feel all nostalgic haha. Miss those days :slight_smile:

3. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I loved Toonami too, but only when they had Samurai Jack and Pilot Candidate. I was also introduced to Thundercats via Toonami. In 2004, I started to dislike it, because they weren't showing anything good. Particularly, that Bobobobo show really dissuaded me from watching it.

I'm not a fan of the new Toonami either. I love Cowboy Bebop (second favorite anime ever) but as I've already watched it all, I didn't see the point in watching reruns on tv. The rest of the shows were pretty lame too. I was disappointed with the new Toonami. When they announced its return, I was hoping for better shows. Instead, what we got was spin-offs of anime, or crappy remakes (Casshern Sins), making me think it's such a waste of time :frowning2:

4. Vanille

Hopefully they'll change the line up but I don't see that happening any time soon.

5. Markio

Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario 64. And the first season of Pokemon...

6. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23200000/Digimon-vs-Pokemon-pokemon-23280309-600-400.jpg

I love Pokemon too, but unlike you, I followed it until the third season. At the same time, I love Digimon too. Tough call, but of the two I like Pokemon slightly more and that's only because I'm still very into the video games. I thought the Digimon series was better than the Pokemon series overall.

But then again, I'd have to be a Pokefreak; after all, my name comes from a Pokemon, and a wondrous Pokemon at that.