1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lets show our appreciation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kat kanu, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Kat kanu

I kinda have an idea but i need a day or a week were everyone on this site ether wears the same color or right ec on the back of there hand just to show our appreciation/support for ec and the LGBT community I have an idea for a week like
    Sunday wear red
    Monday wear orange
    Tuesday wear yellow
    Wednesday wear green
    Thursday wear blue
    Friday wear purple
    and Idk about Saturday maybe pink
    what do you guys think

Hit me up lets make this work

2. Romi

While I think it's a wonderful thing to want to show our appreciation to the site, the founders, the mods, and admin, and everyone else here...I also am wary of supporting the whole color a day idea. Just for the simple fact that... first off, I would forget. Secondly, I really really dislike pink. :lol:

Perhaps there's a less stressful way to go about this. And I only use the word stressful because my brain isn't processing a more appropriate adjective at the moment. After all, it could be a monthly thing. In my workplace, we have employee appreciation month ...hmm...I'd say bimonthly?

It's just spread out enough so that everyone feels appreciated for all the hard work they're doing and the good vibes continue on until the next appreciation month, but at the same time it's far enough away that it's not overplayed to the point where it loses the effect you're going for. Make sense?

3. Kat kanu

Totally but we need ideas

4. Romi

Ideas. Ideas are good. They are also something my brain isn't gonna let me pop out at the moment. :[ But! Never fear. I will be thinking about this.

5. Gen

Gen

I'm usually good with ideas, but I dont have the slightest clue of anything we should do. While I do look amazing in virtually anything, I dont have all those colors anyway....( ._.)

So is there any specific group(Mods/Posters/Etc) we are showing appreciation for? Or it just everyone?

6. Kat kanu

Anyone and everyone

7. Romi

Everyone! A group a month! >_>

8. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Just limit it to a certain color for a certain day of the week. There's no need to wear one of those colors everyday. It complicates things too much for one thing. Besides that, it'd be more noticeable if you made it one day a week with one color.

I just don't see this working out if you make it a daily thing, because then it would be too hard to spot the difference between people who are wearing those colors for other reasons, and it'd make it easier for others to wear one color one day. My idea of limiting it to one day per week would make it easier for everyone all of us. Doing that would also make it easier for others to distinguish the message we're trying to communicate. Like Romi said, it'd become old if it were done too often. So I really think doing this on a weekly basis is enough.

I'm also unsure if wearing a color would suffice, though I do like your idea nonethless and I really want to be a part of it. Instead of colors, what about a shirt with the letters EC on it?

This would also make it easier on account of we wouldn't have to wear it on a certain day. The EC isn't that glaring to others, offering us security from the homophobes while still paying tribute to EC.

Or if your adamant about making it a color, I think it'd be smart to make it a color that's traditionally for LGBT, so maybe Lvaender, Purple, Yellow, or Pink? Although Romi said she/he didn't want to wear pink. The solution to that is making it either of two colors?

Anyways, those are just some ideas. If anyone has any better ideas or any improvements to mine, go ahead and post them.

9. Romi

A shirt with the letter EC written in lavender....I'm all kinds of game for this! Do you have any idea how many LGBTQ shirts I made in my college career? Some of them look like they were made by a five year old....but nonetheless, I still wear them to show pride and support for our community. So yeah...Purple and EC. Let's do this.

10. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad that you approve of my idea. Now let's get to the mall and have some custom designed EC shirts made, huh? Yeah, I like purple too, so I'm happy about this idea.

I'd love to wear an EC shirt. I really enjoy the community, even if I haven't been here longer than a week.

Hopefully everyone will be as excited about the idea as you. Then we can start start showing our pride for the LGBTQ community and EC :slight_smile:

11. Lad123

The only problem I see with this is that people will be asking you what does EC mean, and its going to be difficult for those that are in the closet or are uncomfortable speaking about their sexuality.

12. Romi

This is a good point. And to start off my reply, I feel the need to be a bit silly. Blame it on the weather or the crazy night I had at work, but...

EC can mean whatever you want it to mean. If you're not comfortable telling people it stands for Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out.... Then you can tell them it stands for...

Effervescent Communists
    Eagle Cops
    European Croquet
    Everlasting Comfort
    Everyone Cries

....ok, I'll stop being lame. But seriously... To me...EC stands for so much. So many good things that take more than words to explain. So yeah, I get that for those in the closet it would be a bit daunting to have someone ask for an explanation on their shirt, but ...who knows. Anyway, it was just an idea. Nothing has been set in stone yet.

13. Kat kanu

Sounds awesome eagle cops assemble lol

14. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Ehh, I wear rainbows all the time. And write and draw on my hands. I'd tottally be game for an EC aprreciationn/awareness week or something, haha. Best of luck with all this x