1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UGG I Hate It There!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thandrami, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Thandrami

The point of this thread is because I am not allowed to bad mouth my manager on fb. But there is no way they could see this and I really need to get this off my chest. So I work at a BK and I have a manager (lets call her I). Well I was working the drive through earlier this morning and some guy came through and asked if we were having any specials on smoothies and I told him I would go check (because I knew we were going to have a special but didn't know if it had started because I had most of the week off due to school). I told him the special and he ordered his smoothie and then I proceeded to ask him and I quote "Can I get you anything else today?" He said no and I told him his total.

When he got to my window I gave him his smoothie and he is in his car with his phone recording me and my manager and I was like dafuq? Well turns out he is higher up on the BK ladder and he came inside and asked me if I could go get my district manager (lets call her M). I got M and a few minutes later whilst I was washing my hands M calls me to the office and tells me that I got her in trouble because I said "Can I get you anything else today?" and because I didn't know about the smoothie promotion. She wasn't too mad at me and just told me to not do it again. I was like okay and went back to doing what I was doing.

Well M left about 30 minutes later and I came in after her and yelled my name from across the kitchen. She stormed over to me. And she was like Im suspending you and writing you up. During her whole lecture I was just like uh huh, sure, okay (I was like okay if I have a week off I have more time for my homework for college). Well she wrote me up and I went home a few hours later. I was confused because I didn't know if I was supposed to come in tomorrow or not. So I called my other manager and he called her.

After about an hour he called me back and told me I am not suspended but just on severe probation and if I mess up ONE more time (even though this is my first time messing up and BTW saying Can I get you anything else today should NOT get you in trouble) I will get fired. Sorry for the long post but I am just frustrated and I hate her so much...... :***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***:

2. Romi

I'm sorry, but what kind of messed up drama world of a BK do you work at? Oh my jeez. I am so sorry. That all sounds so confusing and messed up. And I'm wondering since when aren't you supposed to ask if you can get anything else for your customer? It's like the patent last words of every fast food drive through cashier. I just don't get it. Not to mention, wouldn't they prefer to have you make sure the customer doesn't want anything else, instead of having them get angry when you try and end their order before their done?

Also, the punishment seems a little too severe for the "crime." If it's possible, I would certainly recommend trying to find a more ..stable, calm, whatever the suitable adjective is here, place to work.

Here's to you and good fortune with that job.

3. Thandrami

We are supposed to say Does that complete your order. Because saying the words anything else is rude. (even though its all just how you say it)

4. ForceAndVerve

Call me ignorant but how is "anything else" offensive? :eek:

Also, ye I think "I" was going a bit over the top.

5. Romi

"Does that complete your order?"

that just sounds so....weird. And yeah... I'm with F&V....I'm having a hard time deciphering what is so rude about "Can I get you anything else today?"

6. Thandrami

Thats just it I don't see whats wrong with it. Its all a matter of how you say it. I always say it with a polite tone so i just don't get it.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is what happens when corporations attempt to legislate common courtesy or social interaction.

You get dumbasses who set specific policy and send the message down the chain that it HAS to be done EXACTLY like this with no deviations... and then you get minions who have no common sense and no willingness to take any responsibility (in this case, the higher-up and the district manager) who are enforcing policy without looking at the intent behind it.

An enlightened manager would have fought the "noncompliance" with whomever -- or taken responsibility for it themselves -- because if you're only part-time, it's their responsibility to keep you up-to-date on policies. And the "can I get you anything else" bullshit is just... bullshit.

But then again... anyone who is in management at a Burger King is someone who doesn't exactly have much initiative in life. So you can't really expect enlightenment or self-responsibility. Big corporations and franchises generally consider all of their employees disposable. They don't care one whit. So you either put up with it, or just go somewhere else.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'd never be able to function in an environment like that.