1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think it would be funny...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AshenAngel, Sep 1, 2012.

1. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I have health class next semester, and a few friends of mine who are taking it this semester were talking about how they hand out condoms and tell everyone to practice safe sex... But what about those of us who'll have no use for one? Anyways, I thought it would be kind of funny to ask that when the time comes. "I'm a lesbian, so I don't think I'll be needing a condom anytime soon..." Anyone else think its a bit amusing, or actually considered/done this?:wink:

#1 AshenAngel, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  2. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    At your age, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to come out yet. My worry is that you'd get bullied, because kids are such assholes at that age. (no offense)

I'm not saying that you're one of course :slight_smile: But in general, they are, and they won't be understanding of that. When I was in school, the homosexual kids were marginalized, and often abused/beaten. I wouldn't want that to happen to you.

Unless you know for sure they're trustworthy and won't bully you, I wouldn't confess anything. Even if they seem nice, don't be naive. Just because they're nice that doesn't mean they won't blab to others about your secret.

3. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I'm completely out at school, and we don't have a very big bullying problem of LGBTQ kids here, which is actually suprising, because it's a very conservative community.^^

4. SkyDiver

I think it's a great idea. :slight_smile: The amusement factor is a bonus.

But make it into some sort of question, so they'll have no way to avoid addressing it.

5. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you :slight_smile: Your high school sounds so alien to mine. My high school was full of homophobic assholes.

It's a plus when you can come out so early in life. The fact that it's even in a conservative community sweetens the whole thing.

6. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

For the most part, as long as you don't instigate anything, the christians leave the gays alone, haha. But regardless of where you are, there will be some homophobes. What varies is how many there are. ^^ Middle school was a nightmare, though. >.<

7. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, that's just one reason I'm against religion. Here, they seem to be a trenchant opponent of gay rights, something I absolutely can't accept. It sounds like the ones you know are secular Christians though. Between secular and jesus freaks, I'd take the secular Christians any day.

8. Kat kanu

Do it do it do it do it woooooo

9. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Oh same here. My position is that as long as they're not jumping down my throat with their beliefs, I'll deal. If they can respect me and my views, I can respect them. I can't stand jesus freaks.:bang:

10. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, the secular ones aren't all that bad. My mother's secular and she approves of my lifestyle. But my family's always been left wing, so it's not really surprising that she's supportive of it.

Thankfully they've never been extreme with their faith, or I might be in trouble with them. I'm glad your family is supportive of you as well.

Yeah, the jesus freaks are the only reason why we haven't gotten equality yet. There was a thread in the LGBT news section talking about how the jesus freaks were blaming us for Hurricane Isaac. Evidently science and knowledge of global warming isn't their strength.

11. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Evidently. >.<

12. lesbians can still use condoms. so dont chuck them away :wink:

when we got a sex lesson in college everyone knew of my sexuality anyway and all my classmates looked at me when we got given condoms and people were like 'can i have them?' LOL.
    i laughed :')

but if youre sure you wont get bullied because of it, then go for it.

13. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha, I like your idea and I'm glad you're in a safe school. You could ask what lesbians should do for safe sex. If the teacher knows the subject well he/she might mention that condoms can be unrolled and cut along the length to be used as a dental dam to protect against STDs for lesbian oral sex.