1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could go somewhere to 'start over'.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DoriaN, Sep 2, 2012.

1. DoriaN

Where would you move to in order to start a new life? Is it for personal reasons or just cause? Maybe its just a cool place you always wanted to go but can't for whatever reason.
    Also I'd be curious to see why you choose that place as well.

I'll start.

Since I'm really shy and don't want my family or most of my friends to know I'm trans (Pre HRT atm) I dream about moving away and 'starting over'.
    I love Canada and for conveniences' sake I wouldn't mind moving to a different town.

Although I do have a lot of dreams about Germany, I'd love to travel europe and meet someone with a cute accent!

idk, it's just been on my mind lately, already moving out of my parent's house in 2 months so it gets the mind going you know?

What about you guys@!

2. Brody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would want to go to russia cause i dont want to be with my family

3. Night Rain

I like Canada too! I would love to go to Ireland, Sweden or Norway though. I want to start fresh, as people are used to the person I'm trying to be now and I just can't come out. I love cold places. :grin: And Canada, Norway and Sweden all legalized same-sex marriage, yay! If possible, I want to live in one of these places one day. :slight_smile:

4. Tabb

Germany sounds nice! Though personally, I would either move up to Canada or across the ocean to Japan. I'd probably stand out a bit, but I love everything about Japan. The people, the language, the culture. It's all amazing.

5. Jared

I not sure Russia would be good since they aren't big fans of LGBT people. Ты говоришь по-русски?

If I was staying in the US, I'd go to Seattle. If I was leaving the US I'd go to the UK so I could meet someone with an awesome accent.

6. BajanBoy13

I really want to move away from where I live right now because its really small and everyone talks,Its so ridiculous. I like England and then later take a tour of Europe.

7. Night Rain

Oops. Forgot to mention I really love England, especially the weather, and the tea! If only they got rid of the, um, royalty (I'm not sure as what to call the system...), and also allowed gay marriage!

8. Salazar

I'd probably move to the Bahamas.

Why do people love the British accent so much? And no, we will not get rid of the monarchy, and yes, by 2015 we'll most likely have gay marriage.

9. Ridiculous

Lovely Sweden, the land of my ancestors. Or any of its Nordic neighbours. I can't speak Swedish or Norwegian or Dutch though.. or Danish.. Finnish.. whatever the others are. Too many languages!

10. Jared

It is just simply awesome and automatically makes someone sexier.

11. DoriaN

Lots of interesting answers!

Just out of curiosity, are there any places to 'avoid', when it comes to being LGBT?

Keep it up guys, makes for nice day dreaming ~_~

12. Jared

I'd say avoid California north of Sacramento, it's very rural and conservative, we could give the South a run for their money.

13. Night Rain

Oh right, monarchy, that's the word! :lol: I'm not forcing anyone to get rid of it. It's just what I would like England to be. :slight_smile:

14. SunSparks

Well... I kinda just got to my new place to 'start over' in college... I used to be in Los Angeles... I actually chose this college over the other one I was seriously considering. The other one definitely had a little more prestige but it was in NorCal and it just wasn't far away from my parents so I moved to New York.

Personally, I plan on spending my four years here, and right when they are up, absolutely move out of parents house (since its still my permanent address and I have some stuff there) and move to NorCal where I can go to grad school (the one I was debating over for undergrad) and really live on my own. And by NorCal, I don't mean San Francisco area but like the suburbs just south of it.... like Palo Alto. Obviously, its contingent on where life takes me and where I get it... but thats my ideal situation. College areas are really diverse so you meet a lot of people from a lot of places. Like at my university, we have over 100 countries represented so theres no shortage of hearing that obscure European language being spoken as you walk through the crowd or that African accent. :slight_smile:

EDIT: In the time I took to write this, 6 other posts showed up.... how nice xD

15. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There isn't one place in particular which grabs my mind. I've had thoughts or daydreams of moving to places like Seattle, New England, NYC, Montana, the UK, Canada, or even Amsterdam [in order to have the benefits of continental Europe minus the awkward language barrier.]:bang:

However, I'm extremely inexperienced with the whole 'being independent' thing even in my hometown, so these remain pipe dreams for the time being.

16. Salazar

Really? It's sort of overrated. :dry:

17. DoriaN

Says the one with the accent D;

18. julia

Maybe London, or just anywhere around there. Or maybe someplace warm like Hawaii. Who knows.

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Toronto
    2. London (England)
    3. New York City
    4. Hollywood, California

20. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

I really want to move to either Florida or Cali because I love the beach!