1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me or?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Music Beat, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Music Beat

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It seems like most gay guys I see have a whole bunch of friends that are girls?
    :lol:

2. King

King Guest

That's some gay guys. Some straight guys have more girl friends, too - I know a few that don't have many guy friends. I, for one, am almost exclusively friends with girls. I don't like boys much, as ironic as that is.

3. Music Beat

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah like 90% of my friends are girls.

4. Tim

Tim

It really depends. I've known gay guys who have almost all straight male friends.

Personally, when I actually had "friends" (I haven't talked to people in years, so at the most they're acquaintances now) they were almost all female. I had like 2 guy friends, one of which was gay/bi. (I honestly don't know, he'd say something different every day)

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My guess is that the gay guys who are more "obvious" are more likely to have a largely-female circle of friends than the average man, while the harder to spot, non-flamboyant ones gay guys are probably just as likely to have a largely-female circle of friends as straight guys are. But since the "obvious" gay guys are the only ones we can easily observe as being "one of us", that skews our observations and makes us think, "It must be that gay guys tend to have mostly female friends." Meanwhile, we're missing the non-obvious gay guys around us who have largely-male circles of friends because they don't pop out at us as being gay.

6. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    < lol same here whole bunch of girl friends lol

7. timo

My group of friends is 50/50 guy/girl. And all my male friends are straight, as far as I know.

8. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In high school my actual friends were like 60% guys and 40% girls. However, if you extend 'friend' to mean 'member of the student body who talked to me without the intent to insult me for laughs' it was more like 75% girls 25% guys.

9. Eric

Most of my friends are straight males. It's not true of every gay guy. :slight_smile:

10. Flow

Most of my friends are straight guys(I do question a few one them though ._.). However, my bestfriend is a girl lol.

11. Gekko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of my friends are guys, straight I think. But I have plenty of female friends too. I think it depends on the personality of the person.

12. Brenny

Straight guys always go on about hot chicks and boobs and yeah that is just awkward. The more stereotypical gay guys tend to like girls better and I am with them on that. Never had much in the way of good guy friends.

13. Nightmaric

I think I can say that my circle of friends is about 60% girls, 40% guys. But my more immediate group of friends is 90% girls, 10% guys. Just because my friends that are guys only want to play call of duty and I hate it, even if I am getting better at it.

14. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am friends with nerds much more so than I am genders, but it seems about 75% male friends for me.

15. ForceAndVerve

99% of my friends are straight (I think lol) guys.

16. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think, among gay guys, there's quite a mix of how one's friends break down by sex. My friends are almost exclusively male.

But... I've never seen a straight guy who had almost exclusively girls as friends. That's actually one of the seems-to-be-pretty-accurate predictors in our "find the hidden fairy" game.

17. Friendly ghost

Haha, thats hilarious.

I have guys friends, but they aren't people I love spending lots of time with. The straight ones anyway. I enjoy being a laidback guy, playing video games and watching movies. But those friends are all nerdy, not very masculine guys anyway.

Otherwise, the majority of my friends are girls. I am not even obviously gay, aside from my female entourage. But there is no sexual tension, ever, so it makes the guy/girl relationship different. We can relate about a lot of different things, including guys, but they aren't always wanting to get laid either. I can go to a club with them and leave with them too, lol. Plus I think I personally find it easier to be myself around girls.

18. Squid

It's the opposite for me - I prefer girls and have mostly guy friends, haha. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't know why, though. I don't feel too awkward around girls or anything. I guess I just relate to guys more easily.

19. Life Is Peachy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me I have more girl friends than guy friends. Last year at my old school my two best friends were girls and most of my other friends were girls as well. I had maybe, what, one guy friend? I just feel less uncomfortable around girls than I do around guys.

20. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a lot of friends that a girls but I have a few that are guys , but I don't have a guy best friend which I would love to have. Sometimes have girls as friends can be tiring.