1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you idolise people from the opposite gender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunnii, Sep 4, 2012.

1. sunnii

Not that it's a bad thing but I notice I idolise, try to emulate and (at least convince myself I) relate much more women than men. I don't really flat out idolise any guys like I do with women. Most are guys I fancy but still look up to ie Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo, Chris Jericho and 1 of my friends. But with women I have so many that I'm like "I just want to be you" from real people like Madonna, Dannii, Kristin Cavillari, Stephanie McMahon, Sunny (my avatar) to even fictional characters like Regina George from Mean Girls or Kathryn Mertueil from Cruel Intentions (but not in an evil way lol)

Who do you look up to and what gender are they?

2. ameliawesome

I wouldn't use the word idolize, but I do liken myself more to males than females, even though they're usually fictional characters in books and movies rather than actual people. When you watch a movie or read a book do you ever pick a character and sort of cast yourself in their role? Lol I do, and I think if I were to make a list they'd all be male roles.

3. vyvance

I don't idolize anyone, but there are people I have great respect for due to their accomplishments. Gender isn't a factor in whether or not I respect someone.

4. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Pretty much the same.

5. sol4r

sol4r Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Man, constantly. A lot of the time watching movies, there'll be that hero guy that gets all of the girls and saves the day and I'll just sit there thinking over and over just "WOW I WANT TO BE THAT GUY I MEAN HOLY WOW".
    I don't really have that feeling with girls. When I think a girl is really cool, it manifests itself in the form of a crush, but when I think a guy is really cool, I just want to BE him. I'm so glad other people have felt that way, I feel a lot less weird now, heh.

6. sunnii

That is exactly how I feel! I thought I was the only one lol. So glad in not

7. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I've always admired the beauty of the fair gender.

I've always been rather vain with my appearance. Never felt truly comfortable as a male. With being a woman, I feel like me. Being a male just isn't me.

Only downside about being female is constantly being reminded of male privilege and how my worth is only connected to my looks. It really does hurt getting honked and whistled at by straight men who don't respect me other than as a means of getting laid.

8. PurpleCrab

Idolise women? Absolutely not.
    Women are far from being ideal; they are deeply flawed like everybody else, just are men are, and genderfluid people.. They are just as capable for amazing accomplishments that will inspire me admiration as anybody else is.

On the other hand, I tend to adore women while I put men on the same level as I. Adoration for their curves, their softness, their scent, the pitch of their voices, their intrinsic desires, their personalities. They didn't choose to be this way so I wouldn't say that's admiration I'm feeling. They are Goddesses to me and that's just how I'm sowed.

9. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anna Wintour, Megan Foxx, Beyonce and Britney Spears now those are powerful women