1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here live in Ottawa?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicIsLife, Sep 4, 2012.

1. MusicIsLife

Hey guys,

So I've basically hit my tether on the language laws in Quebec and I really want to get organized and move to Ottawa. But the problem is I don't know Ottawa very well, I just know the areas my family live in (Kanata, Stittsville) and I want to move nearish to the rideau centre, but keep it sort of cheap, with a roommate I can afford 300/month MAX.

Suggestions?

2. King

King Guest

I took the liberty of looking on Kijiji at apartments near the Rideau Center. The cheapest I found that was two bedroom was $950 a month (heat and water included), and it's 10 minutes away from the Rideau Center.
    Of course, you can always look in a newspapers classifieds section for other apartments, but unfortunately I think $300 a month is on the low end...
    Good luck x

3. Eric

Ottawa is expensive to live in unless you're living in a less desirable part of town. I know a few people who live there, and they spend much more than $300 a month sharing an apartment. If you have a car, you might want to consider living in one of the surrounding burbs and towns.

4. MusicIsLife

I dont have a car or my lisence. Considering that the evil extremist known as Pauline Marois now has a minority government in QC, I'm sure I'll have no shortage of potential roomies leaving QC as fast as possible. Thanks for the input though.