1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Small Things

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tabb, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Tabb

Anyone here really like it when guys/gals do small things like hold doors open for you? It was almost nothing, but on my way to school I held the door open for a classmate and he went through and held it open for me. I mean, it's only polite, but it makes me blush regardless. xD

Anyone else? :rolle:

2. th3wallflow3r

I Just think that Its common courtesy to hold open doors for people.
    I honestly can't stand rude people that shove past you when You open a door for them without even looking back let alone a Thank-you.

3. julia

It's always fantastic when anyone does it but when a cute girl does it, it's quite nice :wink:

4. prism

Holding doors seems pretty common-place to me. I like seeing people go out of their way to help strangers.

I gave up my seat on the subway so often that I don't even bother sitting anymore, and I always offer to help people who are struggling with luggage on the stairs.

5. Tabb

It's probably just a coincidence, but people rarely do courteous things for me it seems. xD

I'm the same way. They could at least say thank you. xD

6. th3wallflow3r

strangely it seems in different areas (certainly Britain) are more or leas courteous than others as a whole.

for example down south where I used to live you would often See old people standing on busses with teens on the seats.
    also you rarely had anyone hold the door open for you.
    you were more likely to have it slammed in your face.

up here people seem to be more polite when it comes to opening doors and giving up seats.