1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitch, you betta werk!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Level75, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Level75

Someone...just...explain that one to me. I know guy men say this phrase a lot more than chance and I still don't get it. And when I see it on the internet, it is always misspelled like that too.

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    RuPaul is the person who said that phrase in one of his old songs "Super model." I think it basically means something along the lines of "you better get yourself together and turn it out" lol

3. th3wallflow3r

as well as the above comment, I believe it has more recently been used by a group of people on some websites similarly to "get me a sandwich"

it depends in what context you read it?

4. King

King Guest

I've only ever seen it on the twitter pages of Girlicious and Nichole Cordova (I'm a fan of both). And they usually use it as like, "Photo shoot today! Werrrrkkk!"
    I always saw it as a sort of like... Good thing to do? Or like, in reference to doing something you love and are good at in that sense. Like, "English exam, werrrrk!"
    I like it :K

5. Pain

Pain Guest

My drag mama said that to me when she gave me her old wedges :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Love the phrase <3

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm friends with a fashion stylist on Facebook, and the only time I've ever seen it used is in the comments section of photos from photoshoots he was involved in. I've seen it used as a reassurance, similar to, "Give it all you've got!", but according to Urban Dictionary (and this matches what I've seen), it's more often used after-the-fact as a way of complimenting someone, equivalent to, "Good job!". I've always liked it as a compliment, because it acknowledges that the person's success come from hard work, not just luck or talent. :slight_smile:

As for the "bitch" part... I guess that's just a word that some gay people commonly use to address each other.