1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

paranormal activity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mackattack, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

I was looking through my movies and saw one of the Paranormal Activities movies with my movies and was just wondering how many (if any) of you believe things like that sort can be real? Personally, I do think there's a big chance of it existing, (Not necessarily like in all those PA movies, but the thought of it maybe being real) but I've also heard people say that it's just in one's own head. What do you think? Or does anyone have any kind of paranormal stories where you didn't have any other explanation?

2. Stormy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What's with the ghost obsession today?

3. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

I don't know. I was just bored and thought of posting this. :lol:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I said in the other thread, yes. Seen things, experienced things that weren't explainable in ordinary scientific terms.

5. IrishLad93

No lie I experienced something very very odd when I was in back in Ireland during the Christmas holidays but Im still not really a believer.. I just dont know.

A very good family friend of ours owns this beautiful modern house in the countryside which was an old cottage dating from the 16th century which she remolded, so one half of the house is very old (refurbished of course but still old!)
    Anyways! I was up in the youngest boys room, on the old side of the cottage, as he was in with his mother since he's scared to sleep alone..lol (I wonder why?!)

First of all its freezing, i think nothing of it and just try to warm myself up! thinking absolutely nothing of it. But as I tossed and turned I rolled over and every single drawer to the built in Closet/cabinetry had been opened, so about 10 drawers opened all in the space of about 2 minutes! The door was closed, so someone hardly ran in and opened all the drawers, lmao, I would of heard aswell.
    Hardly terrorizing like the situations in Paranormal activity but it definitely could not be explained. What the hell or who the hell just opened those cabinet drawers?!?!?!

Anyways I ran out screaming, scared shitless. I don't venture into that part of the house anymore when I revisit!!!
    Still makes my hairs stand on end.

6. i think things do happen.

but not like in movies, movies are exaggerated lol

7. Ben

Ben

I think the movies are hilarious and not scary, and I scare so easily. I burst out laughing in the cinema when that baby was hovering out of the cot in number 3 xD

Anyway, ghosts and spirits and things? I'll always be sitting on the fence.

8. Mai Hasegawa

I don't believe in any form of life after death, religion, ghosts etc. I love paranormal movies or stories, but I treat them as pure fiction.

However, I do believe that someday things like telekinesis or telepathy might be explained. I'm not self-righteously sure they will, I just like to think that if human mind can transfer oscillation of pressure into a sound signal, and then translate it into a language to decipher the symbolic message, then why shouldn't it be possible to emit a different kind of message that is possible to read by only few people? Human brain is estimated to use only several percent of its power most of the time, who knows what will happen if we learn to put it to greater use? :wink:

Yeah, I love SF.

9. Pain

Pain Guest

I think that it's very possible (no joke, experiences) no matter how much I want there to be an explanation. But those movies just weren't entertaining. Quite boring till the UBER-SCARY moments. Like when what's-her-name gets pulled from the bed, when the dog gets pulled down the stairs, when the family goes to grandmama's house and shit goes down... Meh.

10. julia

I believe in ghosts, but I'm not so sure about those movies. They same a bit exaggerated and they're not particularly scary.

11. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i do and thats all im saying

12. Flow

The movies weren't that scary, but I loved watching my friends reactions when we watched them. They were scared shitless. As for if I believe in paranormal activity(not the movies), yes, I've experienced unexplainable things.

13. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't believe in the super natural. I got over my fear of demons after realizing that the boogey man never seemed to get around to killing me at night.

14. jsmurf

Yes, ghosts/spirits do exist.

---------- Post added 9th Sep 2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

tell us tell us, pretty please! :eusa_danc

15. Aielar

I believe in supernatural things (ghosts, spirits, demons, heaven/hell, etc). I've had unexplainable by science experiences with my gameboy when I was ten and sick where my gameboy (I was playing wheel of fortune) told me I was too sick to play and turned itself off. True story. Plus there have been times when I've felt suddenly cold for a couple seconds - has only happened once or twice, but I've had enough experience to believe in these things.

16. Nightwing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have never experienced anything supernatural but would love to. I'm skeptical but hopeful.

17. CTJ

CTJ

I dont believe in any of that, ive never had an experience or believe anyone that says they have. My mum used to be big into 'Most Haunted' (a ghost spotter show in the UK) and i found it laughable, especially whenever Derek Akorah would get possessed. Blatantly faking it.

I did do a Ouija board when i was younger, i was drunk with my mates and we managed to 'contact' several peoples grandparents who weren't dead yet, followed by Ghandi and Hitler. So yeah, quite a crowded room.

And those films, not scary in the slightest, but i hate watching them with people. I'm so easily startled that anything sudden will make me jump and people think im scared. Im not, i just startle ridiculously easily.

18. Nightwing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Obvious all those shows are fake, but that isn't definitive proof one way orthe other. It only proves those shows are fake

19. fulcrum

Im on the fence on this one. Ive never experienced anything myself, but like a lot of people, Ive heard stories and tales. Some of them sound legit.

20. Bradley James

Devout non-believer here; granted, I enjoy a good scary, spooky movie and the subject interests me, but as a whole I believe ghosts etc are nothing more than the product for the human desire to believe in something after death.