1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jared, Sep 6, 2012.

?

Do you want kids and how do you want to have them?

1. Yes, through adoption

22 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. Yes, through a surrogate/sperm donor

17 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. No

23 vote(s)
    27.4%
  4. Not sure yet

22 vote(s)
    26.2%
  1. Jared

Do you guys want kids? How do you want to have them?

I'd love to have one or two kids. I plan on adopting, since there are so many kids who need a chance at a better life I'd feel selfish going through the hassle and expense of using a surrogate to have a biological child. I'd like to adopt a kid who came from an abusive household since I grew up in one and wouldn't wish it on anyone. It'll be a long time before I ever get serious about this, but for some reason I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

2. castle walls

I definitely want children. I want to have biological children but I would also like to adopt from foster care. There is a chance that in the long run I could end up with a male and have my own biological children, but, even if that were to happen, I want to adopt at least one older child from foster care.

If I do carry my children myself, I will have no more than three

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I want kids. But only if they were my own. Or.. if I have a boyfriend/husband then obviously they could be his, and I'd love them as if they were my own. :slight_smile:

I don't wanna adopt. Never liked that idea, not sure why..

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely want a child when I get older. I think just one though. I'm torn between adoption and surrogacy. I'd love to have that new born experience, but at the same time like you said, there are tons of kids already out there that need good homes. Of course it depends what my partner would want as well.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. I don't think that I can be selfless enough. I would be a resentful father, and that would not be fair to my kids if I were to have any. My opinion could change when I turn 30. (That's the arbitrary marker I put on myself when I would next reassess.)

6. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I don't want kids. I've always disliked them. I hate the patronizing way that adults must treat them. I don't want to play with them or try to teach them things. I don't want to have to watch what I say or do to "protect their innocence"; they're going to lose that soon enough. I guess, overall, I just have no patience for kids. I find them highly annoying, especially when they're not disciplined right. And I don't believe in all those childhood traditions that people have for their kids, like the tooth fairy, santa claus, etc. I wouldn't bullshit a kid and tell him/her that any of that existed just so they could have some "fun." Again, patronizing behavior is not my thing, and I can't stand children. Especially since I love my peace and quiet, a child would just rob me of that.

7. IrishLad93

Thats seems quite harsh ^^
    I loved that side of being a child.

Yes I hold similar views.
    I feel like theres enough children to go around, haha.

I really do believe that giving a child who was born into an unfortunate situation a chance to live a good healthy lifestyle will be a goal of mine when I'm older.

Being a really good Dad and giving my child what I never had would be very rewarding.

#7 IrishLad93, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  8. Vesper

I've made up my mind to adopt Chinese orphans.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if I want kids or not.. I like working with toddlers, but I feel like I could not handle my own children. This view might change with time though.

10. DoriaN

I always dreamed of kids even when I was a kid! At the time though I was unaware of the latent mtf in me... Now I'm all kinds of effed up.

11. Bree

Yes, definitely, but I'm not sure how I want them. I could physically have them myself, too.

12. BornAnew

Not sure yet. Only if I find the right boyfriend/husband to raise them with I guess.

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear God, no.

Lex

14. Tycho

I would quite like at least one child. However I wouldn't want to be the one to get pregnant - sorry future wife that's your responsibility hahaha.

15. FashionDisaster

Personally no.

At the same time if I ever ended up with someone who already had kids or wanted them, then I would be willing to adopt or get a surrogate.

16. MusicIsLife

Im not sure. I have days where I go HELL NO and other days where the idea seems cool. I'd just be terrified of having my kid grow up not reading enough. And yes that is my biggest concern, as weird as it sounds, haha.

17. sanguine

I want kids, but adopted only, I feel as a gay man its not in my right to bring a child into this world thats not half of the other person I want to spend my life with.

Besides there are heaps of kids out there who would benefit from having a family anyways.

18. when i have completed my family of my own (if i ever do have one), then i would like to be a surrogate for someone who cant have children. if i dont ever have a family of my own it is still something i would like to do.

also i have been reading loads of books by cathy glass about the children she has fostered and i would like to foster for maybe a year or two.

but im still undecided really about having my OWN children.
    if a woman already has children then i would happily accept them into my life. just undecided about myself lol.

19. vyvance

Nope. Even if I didn't hate being around children, it isn't something that has ever appealed to me.

20. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Christ no. It's an idea that has absolutely zero appeal to me: I'm going to drop hundreds of thousands of dollars and decades of my life on another person who might not even appreciate it (we all know the stereotype of the rebellious, ungrateful teen), all so that I can add another hungry mouth to this already overpopulated world? No thanks. I value my freedom and autonomy too much to give it up that much of it. And I have zero tolerance for immaturity (which is probably why I'm always making friends with people a couple of years older than me), so goodness knows I wouldn't be able to tolerate living with someone 24/7 who will never as mature as me. Plus I'd always be living in terror of passing my emotional problems on to my kids, and I would never want someone to go through what I go through if it can be avoided.