1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody here who WON'T vote for Obama?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SohoDreamer, Sep 7, 2012.

1. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Obviously this only applies to Americans/US citizens on the site. Of those, I am assuming most of you will be voting Obama due to his support of same sex rights. However, are there any people here who will actually be voting Romney? I'd hope there aren't as him being president would be a very, very grave time for Americans in my opinion but just out of interest, are there any illogical fools here? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. julia

I hope to god no one here is voting for Romney, not just because of him being anti-gay but there are so many things wrong with him and his views. Honestly, I don't see how anyone could not for Obama, he has dozens of fantastic ideas and he's already done so much. Also he has Bill Clinton, Michelle Obama, and Hilary Clinton behind him. 'Nuff said.

3. th3wallflow3r

while I'm not American and I can't vote, honestly if I could then I would vote for Obama.
    not only because of his pro lgbqt stance, but for his policy's in general.

even in the UK, America still has a fair bit of influence over here.

mitt Romney becoming president scares me.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

While I agree that Romney being president would be terrible for America, let's have a bit more respect for people whose political views we disagree with.

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Primary Political Preferences of said candidates:

Obama, Exploitative State Capitalist
    Romney, Exploitative State Capitalist

I don't suppose there's a viable third or fourth option? Or are those options effectively kept out of the race by the two oligarchic parties running our country? :thumbsup:

#5 Browncoat, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  6. Aielar

I live in Canada, so it won't affect me personally. But, since Canada and the US are so close, there may be some effects felt over here - not saying there will, but it could happen. I don't want Romney to get in though, and not just because he's against equal marriage rights for everyone. I don't think he will improve the US from how it is now - and that's just my personal opinion :slight_smile:

7. Stormy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'll be voting for Obama. The Republican party has moved way too far to the right in recent years. Nothing good can come from a Mitt Romney presidency.

8. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just to clarify, this statement was a joke with no intentions whatsoever to insult or demean anyone. I apologize if any offence was caused.

9. subaru000

+ 1 vote for Obama. I agree with everything Stormy wrote.

10. everett

I just do not vote because frankly I do not care about the system anymore. It has failed me too many times.

11. Kat kanu

You know I find this ironic that this came up on politics free day l any way I will not vote for Obama I don't like his political views and the only reason I would vote for him is cause of his stand for gay marriage but since this is not enough I will not vote for him hes killing small businesses and pushing us further in debt im sorry if you don't like my stand but i really don't wanna fight over this im just simply posting my opinion i really hate politics :confused:

12. Night Rain

Who will you vote for?:confused:

If you really hate politics maybe you shouldn't vote at all, sorry. Don't listen to what people say about anyone. Do some research on your own and come up with your own conclusion. Everyone is biased anyway.

13. SunSparks

Politics is really really complicated.
    If you want, you can go read tons of books on why we have a two party system in America...

Those dang Tea Partiers! xD

Anyways.... I would vote, if my birthday was about 3 weeks earlier... Obama on the basis of ALL his policies and comparing that to my other options. Historically, I am huge admirer of FDR and what he did during the Great Depression and the similarities (obviously to Obama) is what makes me want to vote for him

14. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not old enough to vote, but if I could I'd vote for Obama. From what I've seen Romney would just make America worse.

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I WON'T vote for Obama. Despite all the fluffy talk at the convention, Obama is little better than a Republican, a proven lapdog for the 1%.

Also, Obama puts politics ahead of LGBTQ equality. Earlier this year, he refused to issue an executive order to protect LGBTQ employees of federal contractors from discrimination. As for marriage equality, Obama is not going to do anything about it. His position is that its a "states' rights" issue, not a federal one, because that approach worked out oh-so-well in ending racial discrimination during the last civil rights movement...

I'll probably vote for Jill Stein of the Green Party, or maybe Peta Lindsay of the PSL.

Obama will win the state I am registered to vote in right now (New York) by a landslide margin anyway.

Romney would be unmitigated disaster for this country and the world, though, no doubt about it.

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I can't precisely ascertain the point of your post due to its lack of context, so just in case I'm posting this (if not for an attempt at clarity, then simply because it's awesome - albeit off-topic).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF7MroTLDfU[/YOUTUBE]

17. J Snow

I will be the only person in my family not voting for Romney... I will be voting for Obama, but I honestly wish I could support the 3rd party system.

18. mojoe

I will not be voting for Obama again. I supported, and voted for Ron Paul in the primaries, though I knew full well he wouldn't win the nomination. I'm not a huge fan of Romney, but I dislike Obama more. I may not agree with everything in the Republican platform, but I do call myself a republican. That said, I hold little value in political affiliation in general. I am pro-choice, yet believe abortion is morally wrong. I am pro business, I believe strongly in states rights, I am all for individual freedom with emphasis on personal responsibility. I believe in a limited federal government. As far as LGBT issues, I believe in equality without government intervention. I do not view same-sex marriage as an issue for the federal government in the first place. Obama's support of same sex marriage sways me in no way, as I feel he is pandering. My vote has been carefully thought over, and is based upon the issues of economics, domestic policy, and foreign policy. Romney is far from perfect, but he has won my vote. I'll admit, his VP choice has helped sway my opinions in Romney's favor.

19. needshelp

i'll vote for obama since he's pretty much the lesser of the evils running for office.

20. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Marriage not a federal issue? There are 1,138 federal rights DENIED to same-sex couples due to lack of marriage equality.

When we left the issue of marriage to the states the last time, many states refused marriage licenses to interracial couples...the federal courts had to step in and force the states to extend marital rights to mixed-race couples.

And the Romney isn't just personally opposed to same-sex marriage...he has chosen to get into bed with some of the most extreme and vicious anti-gay hatemongers in America, supporting a federal constitutional amendment that would forever enshrine bigotry and marital inequality into the U.S. Constitution. And Ryan is no better.

LGBTQ people voting for Romney is a bit like Jewish people voting for Hitler. It makes no sense whatsoever to vote for your own destruction, unless you are rich and really just value money over human rights.