1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprisingly too out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dummy, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Dummy

I was thinking the other day about how many people that I know of know that I'm not straight and came up with a total of 24... It was quite a shock. I'm ok with being out (except for my family and :***: racist people) but I hadn't realised how many people knew. I guess it comes out (to come out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) more naturaly now. Do you think that it is big number? How many friends/people you hang out with know? Is it too dangerous for someone that I don't want to to find out? Has this ever happend to you? :confused:

2. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no such thing as too big a number unless you want to be sure your parents are going to find out from you and not someone else! That wouldn't be great.

3. th3wallflow3r

I don't think that's too many, tbh I don't think any number is too many.
    its simply how many and who you are comfortable knowing about your sexuality.

4. HarleyQ

That's wonderful! I think I can come up with maybe half that if I sat down and counted the people who knew... not counting the ex girlfriends lol. I don't think any number is too large :slight_smile: And I think it's wonderful that so many people in your life know!

5. SkyDiver

I do think 24 is a big number!! :slight_smile: That's awesome, good for you! It feels nice, hey?

I have a list of people that I've told directly and there are currently 80 names. I'd say like 90% of the people I hang out with and talk to on a daily basis know. I've become far more comfortable with telling people in the last two months, and even given permission to people to tell whoever they wish. That's why my out status is "out to everyone".

I don't worry about anything being too dangerous, because homophobic attacks are virtually non-existent here. The worst that could and will happen is name-calling. The homophobes are shunned though, so I'm not worried at all.

6. Dummy

I live in a town of 65,000 people so all kids kinda know each other so that's why I'm worried that it may end up to the wrong ears...