1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting Guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IrishLad93, Sep 8, 2012.

1. IrishLad93

Hey,

I wanted to ask if anyone knows of tips or just personal experience on what they went trough/did when first coming out and forming new connections.

How do I meet other gay guys, even just for a friendship and not necessarily a romantic relationship, although that would be great, I just want to find people I have something in common with.

Do I basically have to wait until College (seems I live in the backwater of nowhere concerning Gayness)? Because Im not too keen on joining any groups as its usually all older men, and besides, Ive looked and actually contacted an LGBT organization in my area and they said theres nothing until about 1.5 to 2 hours away.

:icon_sad:

2. IrishLad93

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

You could probably find guys in your area to meet online or using an app, though have to be careful with that.

Small towns probably aren't great places to meet a lot of gay guys.

How long do you have before you go to college?

4. IrishLad93

Thanks for answering.

I know especially in Connecticut. Im dying to get out of here!

Yes, I have actually looked into that but Im not a huge fan of that hookup scene.

I wont start until next year as I'm moving to a different country but it still seems like ill just have to wait nearly a year. :icon_sad:

#4 IrishLad93, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  5. TrueBlue8228

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Funny you mention this!

I just downloaded an app for the iPhone that we all know is pretty popular which I won't mention...lol

But I did, and even though most of the messages I've gotten so far have been shady and more for hookups, but I've been talkin to this one guy (funny tho cuz I kinda know of him already) but were just getting to know each other.

I'm in upstate NY and there isn't anything here to meet people so I understand where ya coming from. Idk if that certain app is an option you want to take or not but just something..sorry if I didn't help much.

TB

6. tanstaafl89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Late bloomer and new member here. Probably not helpful to you but I've lived in the same rural area since my early teens and met a guy near my age on one of those random chat sites (not sure on the rules here so I'll just say this particular one started with an "O").

We've been in touch for about 5 months now and talking to him over webcam has become the highlight of my day. Sounds corny I know, but it is what it is. I've finally decided to stop pitying myself out here and will be moving to see him before long, once I tidy some things up and get a little money together. Of course he would be 5 states over from me (which is why I say this is probably not a helpful post for you), but that's life I guess. At this point I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the trip. Now the tricky part is explaining my situation to family, which is something I still haven't done, but know I will have to.

PS:
    Video chat sites like that are mostly just guys jerking off but if you skip through enough of them you'll find nice guys that just want to chat, and what started as light conversation with this person, over time has developed into mutual affection and a desire to be more than just "online pals". Again, I wouldn't hold out hope for this method. Just thought I'd share it as one more possibility if you really are having trouble finding people to connect with. But, like me, be prepared to travel if something ever does come of it. I've had no luck meeting locals this way, but at this point I'm no longer interested in doing so.

#6 tanstaafl89, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  7. Emberstone

looking for a lgbt youth group in your area. you might be surprised.

my closest option is the pride center at the university I am starting at in a few weeks. I have been to a few of their events, and it is a great group.