1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

we should do a youtube music collab.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by caughtbywitness, Sep 9, 2012.

1. caughtbywitness

just putting it out there. :grin:

2. Fiddledeedee

A reminder to peeps: Do not link to your YouTube chanel on the forums or via wall messages. :slight_smile:

That would be a lot of fun if we could pull it off. Song ideas?

3. Night Rain

I think we can do that as long as we don't link to our personal information, I mean, we can show our faces on this site!

4. Bree

I'm game!

5. Fiddledeedee

It's a link to an offsite profile and a way for other members to contact you; see the fourth bullet in the Code of Conduct. Having photos in albums on-site is fine, of course.

6. caughtbywitness

yeah obviously, just set up a 'forum' YT for it. I dunno, just an idea :slight_smile:

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys, unfortunately, any public linking (wall or forum) to a youtube account owned by anyone who is an EC member would result in a ban. That's because it would allow for contact with that member off-site.

The only way this could be accomplished is if EC staff created a Youtube account, which only EC staff had access to, and uploaded videos on behalf of the members. This would require a fair amount of effort on the already-pretty-busy staff. It's something the staff would have to discuss.

If someone wants to discuss it with the staff so we can figure out if it's feasible, please open an ask the staff message so we can consider it.

There might be a different option in which we could actually host the videos on EC, bypassing Youtube entirely, but that's something that would take some time to set up and arrange. We have talked about options like that in connection with the upgrade, but that's not going to happen right away.