1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need ideas for a zombie story I intend to write

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by everett, Sep 10, 2012.

1. everett

Have a character (myself), have the right idea of what I want for zombies, but no idea how it should unfold. The character is cold, loner, writes in a journal to maintain his sanity and does not care for others. Edit for clarification, setting is about ten years after the undead rose and wiped out most of world. Starting location is Maryland.

#1 everett, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    zombies on a plane? Mothafukin zombies on this mothafukin plane...

you could even call it "flight of the living dead" =P

3. everett

Heh they actually made a movie of that xD

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hahaha, oh god

5. Mercy

Mercy Guest

zombies in a bakeryy ?

6. everett

Bwahahahahahah xD

One muffin baker, stands against an army of undead!

7. FollowtheFreeman

Make it depressing and bitter. Too many zombie stories with cheery endings and happy-go-lucky characters. I say have your protagonist(you) barely survive day to day encounters, not just physically, but mentally as well.

As for the plot, you could go anywhere with that. Do whatever feels right to you.

8. Romi

Yeah see. I'd love to help, but....I've been working on my own zombie story for a year now. Competition is competition. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One thing I noticed about every zombie movie I can think of is that there will be some kind of safe-haven that the characters are trying to get to. I say take that idea out all together, I'm not sure what direction you should go with the story but that idea is done alot, so I say avoid it. Just my two cents

10. Gen

Gen

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...no I dont have a zombie story ( ._.). I have many stories, just none of which include zombies, or vampires thank god. Which is kinda sad because I think I would write one badass vampire story. It's just way to popular now.......

Anyway, I'll come up with a zombie story that will crush all of yours into the dust. See mine will be a story of a civilized society of zombies that mass produce humans as a source of food. All of the common humans have been wiped out. All, except our main character a teenage girl and her little brother who were hidden as a desperate attempt by there parents. The girl most deal with life in a world where she must hide her true identity as a human. It'll be crazy O_O.

And if you think that you actually would mind reading that. Well tough luck because I just winged that while I was writing this :/

11. everett

thanks guys =D

12. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How about, and this may be a bit different to what you have in mind, your protag lives in a prison which has turned in to a community for the survivors, but one day the zombies breach the prison Walls and you're forced away and out in to the remains of the world to try and fend for yourself and find another community to live in.

13. everett

That would be a nice addition to it!
    Ive got a good start.
    I also found this song, which was used in the DayZ fake movie trailer, which just sucks me into the world I am writing. Its amazing and you guys should listen to it =D

Peter Gabriel - My Body is a cage - YouTube

14. Bree

I'm currently taking a novel-writing course, at at the moment the teacher is making us take time every day to write down markers for ten scenes- no more than eight words, just enough that we can remember what we were thinking of. It doesn't matter what order the scenes fit in, or even if you know. One of mine is "Will/Osha/Sarin discuss pregnancy and magic". A more exciting scene is "Will/Katya/Luke lead assault on enemy encampment".
    Once we get a lot of these-at least 100, better if it's more like 200, we will write each one down on a different card, and then put the cards in order. This will give us the cohesive storyline that we might not have had before, and will also show us where there might be holes we need to fill still.
    Would this method help you get your story figured out at all?

15. Romi

That's really interesting idea. I think I want to try this and see how it works out. With as many novels as I'm in the process of writing...this might be a more efficient way to organize some of the scene plays I have in my head. That is...if I can keep myself from indulging in too much detail. :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Main character eventually realizes (or maybe doesn't notice but you allude to it somehow in the story?) that he's actually been in a psychotic break the whole time, and that the zombie thing is, in fact, "all in his head."

Or at least that's how one of my stories would end up going. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. everett

Very clever and yes it would be a great assistance! =D Thank you guys!

18. Bree

If you look up From Where You Dream by Robert Olen Butler on google books, and then skip to chapter 5 A Writer Prepares (page 85) you can read the whole section that talks about the concept I mentioned.

19. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Heh, my parents wrote a zombie novel. I designed the covers!

Hmm, OH. Write a romance! ZOMBIES WANT LOVE TOO. And yes, all my story ideas ARE terrible.

20. Emberstone

vegetarian zombies that only eat heads of lettuce instead of human brains?

other than that, I suspect with the growing popularity of zombie culture, nothing much is left.