1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

write to your future self

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pressured, Jan 27, 2008.

1. pressured

some place in Montana that isn't even on the map
    www.futureme.org
    i wrote 3 letters that are probably going to confuse the hell out of my future self haha

2. KatoKumi

Woah, that's cool. I've always wanted to do something like this.

:]!

3. Zec24

Wow, that's an interesting idea. I hope the future me has the same email address! This is like one of those time capsule things.

4. pressured

i know haha

5. acorn7

That kind of stuff is really cool. In Grade 7 (sec. 1 for us Quebecers) our school made us write a letter to ourselves that we'll read at the end of this year. I can't wait! And they also made us write one this year that we'll read 10 years from now at reunion. That will be creepy!

6. Hollywood

that's a really cool idea!

7. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's really cool! at my high school, we wrote letters to ourselves Freshman year and we won't be given them until we graduate...I know mine will say somethine like "nice weather" hahah im not that deep =P

8. Brett

Yeah, I've done that at school since like 6th grade........mine usually make me realize that I was annoying at the beginning of the year, and now I'm just.....less annoying.....

9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey me,

LOOK OUT!

With love,
    Yourself

10. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

"I hope your not reading this, or this means your still alive."

11. pressured

i wanna freak myself out i don't know how without myself knowing though :dry:

12. Levi

Levi Guest

To me in 10 years:
    Don't complain about being fat when you knew very well all that crap wasn't good for you! PS: you lent your brother 100kr, unless he has already returned it, claim it with interest

13. Rette

I actually got one of these from myself like a year ago (from when I was like 15). It's kind of surreal. Sadly, I think I accidentally deleted it when I was cleaning up my email a while back.

14. sdc91

I was thinking about this today-- keeping a journal, actually. I think I'd like to read my own handwriting 20 years down the road.

15. Alex89

On the news on my mobile yesterday:

On the 120 year anniversary in 1993 of a Japanese school as part of the celebration a group of girls wrote a letter and tied it to a balloon and released it. The letter asked that if anyone found it could they please write to their school.

About a week ago 120km away in the ocean, a 19 year old Japanese man was on a fishing trawler, and pulled in a large catch. Later he was gutting a fish when he found the letter crumpled up inside it's stomach!

A letter survived 15 years carried by a balloon, then washed into the ocean, then eaten by a fish and finally discovered 120km away! What are the odds?!

16. CrimsonThunder

I wrote a huge one to myself. Basically describing everything going on atm and stuff in the short future.

It'll be a good read in a year and a bit, I've already forgoten what it had in there. XD

17. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

So, that's pretty much what I wrote. I really hope I still remember all these question in 2013. Kind of corny, but I guess I just want my future self to go back in time and see the progress I've made (wow... talking in Future and Past is kind of confusing :eek: )

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I really like reading the detailed descriptions of people's coming out experiences here. I think it is great to put all the detail and feeling down in writing while it is fresh in your mind.

Although I remember my coming outs, it is not in anything like that level of detail and I didn't write it down at the time.

So please keep sharing the details here. It's interesting for the rest of us and I'm sure in a few years time it will be interesting for you too. It's a vivid reminder of where you were at this time.

19. InaRut

What exactly is your story? POST NOW

20. ccdd

ccdd Guest

To my future self:

Are you still gay? Or are you now straight - perhaps even married?

If the latter is true, then your younger self is really sorry that whatever has happened has made you retreat back into your closet - but remember, that in a previous life, at a previous time, you were braver than you are now, and there is one, very, very, important thing you must remember:

YOU ARE GAY