1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask him out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sayu, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Sayu

Hey, guys... I have fallen in love with one of my best friends. I have actually had a crush on him for a long time, but denied it to myself and others. Now I know that I love him. We were a bit drunk last Friday and we were kissing and it opened my eyes.

I want to ask him out. I think this is my chance. I also think he has some feelings for me. The problem is he are very close friends and I don't want to change it if he didn't want to go out with me. So I really need to make him sure that if he wants to stay just friends with me, I will not be any different than before.

A few months ago he told me he wanted to date this girl I know and I was encouraging him to tell her. You know, I wanted to act like a gay friend ( :icon_bigg ), but in fact I knew deep down in my heart that I would be very envious of that girl if they ended up together.

I think he doesn't know my feelings for him, because of this and that he might think that I have absolutely no interest in him :confused: He may just think that I kissed him only because I was drunk. But it was different. I wanted to kiss him, I longed for it for a long time.

So what should I tell him? He looks really shy when I start talking about last Friday. He is not very willing to talk about it, but I think that's just, you know "typical boys" :eusa_doh:

Do you guys have any advices on how I should ask him out? I would be very very thankful (&&&)

2. jsmurf

There is no particular way to go about it.. Just do what your gut tells you. You can even afford to be a little funny/goofy about it if you want, many people find that endearing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (as long as you don't go overboard)

Also, keep in mind to go into it with a confidently assured mind, especially since you're a girl and the guy is the one who is usually expected to "ask you out". (it's stupid i know, but that's how society works). You're actually going the extra mile by asking HIM out, I think.. So there's no expectation n your part to fear about the repercussions of asking him out. If anything, think of it like this.. you're doing him the favor of asking him out... Which is still fairly rare to do for a girl in heterosexual dating. :slight_smile:

3. Sayu

Do you think it is rare? Maybe I'm weird, but almost all my heterosexual crushes I've asked out on my own lol :icon_bigg

4. jsmurf

It's probably more common than we think in our increasingly post-gender-role world, but it's still the expected societal norm.. For the guy to do the official asking out, even if the girl he's friends with is the more assertive character.

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2012 at 01:37 PM ----------

Oh right, I forgot.. You're European. You guys (and gals) aren't such calvinist prudes about this stuff. :lol:

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    since you're already friends you could start with telling him, you really like hanging out with him