1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where did you meet your first bf/gf or even The One???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Now ask this question for a number reasons and not one of those reason am I asking it to get ideas... Because that would be weird.

I ask because I have very few/limited options of meeting someone and well... It would be nice see how people that aren't like me or people who are like me, met there first bf/gf.

Maybe you met him/her in a not so ordinary way or maybe you met them through friends or even online dating (which I hate by the way) or on a bus or at work. Whatever it is then please share if want.

You can give a simple answer or more detailed if you want but that's entirely up to you and how much you want to share

2. PurpleCrab

I met my wife on an online game, in a period of my life when I wanted to stay the F away from people and relationships. We quickly came to the common realization that we were made for each other... even though it meant for one of us to leave their own country. No regrets at all.

3. Pain

Pain Guest

The first ones, don't exist. I take them back.
    But, I met my current boyfriend, quite... fictionally. That is, to say, how we met didn't seem like it should have been real...

We met on a cruise ship. It was for a band function through our high schools (we went to different ones) We didn't know each other at all. It started off in an eye game, and somehow I had jumped off the cliff of fear and smiled at him, and the smile was returned. We didn't talk, but just made eyes at each other, for probably two hours. Then, all of a sudden, he comes up to me and says, "Hi... I just thought you looked all sad and lonely over here by yourself..."

He is my happiness and my joy. He is perfect for me. I had a connection with someone I never even knew before. We also happened to live two minutes away from each other at home... It was quite a blessing.

4. Tabb

That is probably the most adorable thing I've heard in a while. :slight_smile: I'm quite envious, actually. xD

5. Hazel

I met my first girlfriend through school. She was in my group of friends and they kind of played Cupid at one point because we were so derp-shy.

6. redstormrising

we met on a dating website. i'd just made a profile to look around and see if there was anyone worth talking to before i got a paid subscription, because i just kept meeting people with serious issues on the free dating sites. i came across her profile and she was first on my list of people to contact if i did decide to subscribe. while i was still browsing and debating whether it was worth a subscription - and with my profile still incomplete (no photo, minimal info) - she emailed me! so i subscribed in order to read her email and respond. i did talk to a few other people on that site while we were getting to know each other initially, but soon it was just her. we've been together 6 mos now and are very happy :slight_smile:

7. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I agree

Totally envious lol:lol:

8. Nightwing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My first gf was in high school. My bf was in a bar

9. Phantosmiac

I met my first girlfriend at a school field trip in 8th grade. First and last hetero relationship. I didn't really like her in the first place, but at that point I had only just developed feelings for guys, but didn't notice, so we went out for a while. She cheated on me, so I don't like to talk about the relationship much.

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2012 at 03:32 PM ----------

PS I haven't had a boyfriend yet. :frowning2:

10. BornAnew

OMG this sounds awesome :grin: :grin:

Really happy for you!

11. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met my boyfriend through a work colleage. I came out soon after I started working there and that lead to me finding out that one of the girls I had naturally gravitated towards was a lesbian and was happy to show me around the gay area of the city if I wanted. Well I met him purely by chance the first time, we bumped into him whilst going to get lunch one day, but that put the idea in her head and she saw to it that we met again a few days later. 6 months later she was also the one who forced my boyfriend to tell me that he liked me and we got together.

So I guess finding and befriending a pushy lesbian with a large group of LGBT friends worked for me, not sure how common that is however.

12. Silvails52

I didn't meet my boyfriend in ANY traditional way. I kinda need to start early on. When I first found out I was gay, I started to write down what was happening to me. It became a story, and on a whim, I posted it online (names changed to KH characters). Someone reviewed it a lot and we started to talk. I told him that the "fiction" was true. He turned out to be gay too and we became really good friends. We friended each other on Facebook. He was there for me whenever something happened, but he didn't turn out to be my boyfriend. Through him, I met Charley. I sent him a friend request, but nothing happened for a while.

A few weeks ago, I got the urge to say 'hi' to Charley. We played Facebook message tag for a little while, but we managed to talk for a few minutes later on that night. The next day, we found each other on Facebook again and talked for a solid hour. As the conversation went on, I started to feel something for him and he felt something for me. Something so powerful, it took my breath away. Basically, we fell for each other. Hard.

Unfortunately, he's in Colorado and I'm in Ithaca, NY. The long-distance sucks, but I know we'll be able to handle it. All of my friends told me to be careful. That Charley couldn't be real. But I know he is. I talked to his Dad and his friend once each. They both said that Charley was really in love with me. And I know I'm so in love with him. He is literally my dream guy.

13. IrishLad93

Im in the same situation as I am not in the right situation to meet anyone :frowning2:

Wish I had a bf.

And @ QueVidaLaMia, how nice, very romantic!

#13 IrishLad93, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  14. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Why did I start this thread

Someone please tell me. I mean I'm happy for all you guys that have had a bf/gf or found the one but now I feel down/crappy/depressed

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2012 at 09:32 PM ----------

Me to.

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2012 at 09:33 PM ----------

I don't think it's that common lol... well maybe it's just not common enough haha :lol: I don't know

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first girlfriend, she was my housemate's ex. Yeah...

16. Connor22

facebook. I'm boring. no but seriously, I got told by a friend of his that I should talk to this certain guy, a few days later I see on the small facebook thingy in facebook (the one that tells you what everyone's doing) and I see said certain someone's name pop up once or twice, so I figure YOLO and joined in his conversation about whether or not Zac Efron is hot. The rest, as they say, is history. First date in KFC. That's right. Standards.