1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same Sex Preg.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NoName114, Sep 12, 2012.

1. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

If somehow, same sex couples become able to have kids in the future, would you have kids? who would have the kids? just a thing to ask the community as a whole

2. prism

Same sex couples are able to have kids now. It's just difficult.

I would like 2-4 children. :slight_smile:

3. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I mean if they could fuse the DNA of both people and make one of them preg. not like a surrogate but actually making THEIR baby

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if I want kids, but if I do I would want to adopt, to me it seems like a better thing to do.

5. Ianthe

I think he means shared biological children.

My answer doesn't change: if I have a partner who also wants children, I'd be interested in having a few. I'm leaning towards adoption, really, but if we go the biological route I would be willing to carry them.

Now I'm thinking of all the awful mpreg stories I've read. So, so bad. I don't have a problem with the idea of male pregnancy--just bad writing.

EDIT: People posted while I was writing...

6. Waterlilly

It's scientifically impossible I think. After all everyone needs an x and y. Hypothetically I would want kids though, even though for the sake of the hypothetical kids I think I probably shouldn't have them. I have always wanted to have my own biological children. My heritage is very important to me and I want my children to feel the same connection. I know that a lot of people will say that you can share that with your children even if they aren't biologically yours, but for me part of it is the feeling of that history running through my veins. I want that for my children and I think if I really loved someone I'd want them to also be able to have that in our hypothetical children.

7. sol4r

sol4r Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hmm. That's really difficult. I know I want kids, but I'll probably adopt. Personally, if I were to have them naturally, I think I would really want my wife/girlfriend/S.O. to have them, I just really like the idea of being more of a father figure, I guess? I dunno. It's a hard decision.

8. jsmurf

The verdict isn't out yet on whether it's possible in male-male scenarios, but it's theoretically already feasible to do for lesbian couples. Stem cells can be reprogrammed to become viable sperm, and then impregnate the other partner's egg.

The result would always be XX however. :slight_smile:

9. IrishLad93

Considering kids I would definitely adopt, if my partner wanted that 'DNA' connection then a surrogate mother as well as adoption would always be an option. Haha, I would never favor a biological child though, Id feel like Id be helping out by taking in a baby from a less fortunate situation.

10. jsmurf

The surrogate option is less attractive to me than adoption, because it creates the tension of knowing that one dad is "less" of a dad than the other. At least in adoption, both mates share the responsibility of raising and loving a child that isn't theirs biologically. (weird way of looking at it, but whatever)

But yeah, as a Transhumanist/Futurist I'd totally be down to have kids with a future partner through same-sex reproduction, although the costs would be prohibitively expensive for some time.

11. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always felt that way about surrogacy too in a way. So I'd definitely adopt. As for the "possibility" of having our own kids in the future, I think I'd still rather adopt and help out a child that's already here in the world that needs a loving family.

12. jsmurf

Funny though how the instinctive urge to continue our genetic legacy is fully alive and well in many of us, even if the target of our sexual desire isn't necessarily a vagina a great deal of the time. :wink:

13. Lacuna

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would prefer adoption, but yes I want kids. As for how many, only 1, maybe two.

14. PurpleCrab

Me and my wife are both transgender people, she's transsexual. We have a wonderful daughter and the second kid on the way :slight_smile: :love:

We are not a gay couple but we do face LGBT difficulties all the same, though at the end, it's all so worth it. I can't describe the joy I live to be a dad once again, or children of my own DNA and hers, kids that are a little bit like both of us.

I deeply feel for gay couples who wish for their own families and I hope that soon every worthy couple who wants to raise a child of their own can bring them to life themselves, with their own DNA too. Cheers.:newcolor:

15. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They can program male stem cells to turn into viable eggs, but without a womb there's no way to raise kids from two dads withing bringing a woman into the mix somehow. They'd have to have some kind of artificial uterus.

The technology for that is a long way off. Lesbian parthenogenesis is probably going to happen sooner. Hopefully the ladies will have mercy on us poor menfolk and allow us to stick around during that gap. If they did it'd be great for them in the long run. They wouldn't have to carry their genetic offspring anymore if artificial wombs were invented. I'm betting a lot of girls would breath a sigh of relief at not having to get pregnant to be mothers.

#15 Spatula, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah in the future I would like to if it was possible. I'd want my sig. other to have the first baby and for me to have the second one. I like the idea of taking care of a pregnant wife. :icon_redf

17. Hopefilled

Take a look at several authors who have well executed non-binary gender stories. Enumerating the list deserves a detached thread perhaps? For the moment- Let's consider the disparate concepts of "biology as mundane here&now" to the far shores that pure fiction grants us.

And the pun intended- fertile-spaces between.fiction to reality.

The way I have read the thread: : some of us enjoy reading stories- others want to have children with their lover either as sire or mother or as said- alternating:>

Me as me- Press magic button x= me as fully functional female able to carry& lamaze birth a baby is hotness separate from "wanting" a child of mine or another persons. I'd Cherish gifting a child to others I love. My reward would be equal parts of that gift giving plus fulfilling all the life long fantasies about pregnancy/labor/delivery. Being either a host mother or just riding an experience tape as in Brainwave.

I'm about to risk a TMI that a mod might scrub or let stand. for a good chunk of my life holding an enema makes me fantasize about labor and delivery. Up to and including this mere male having had hands free orgasms form fantasies during heavy cramping. Giggle- some folks will say eww or Ohh- or me too?