1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have a "move-a-body" friend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chip, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A wonderful short commentary by Brené Brown about the important people in our lives, and how we often steamroll over them. I feel lucky to have several "move-a-body" friends in my life. :slight_smile:

2. KeanusGuitarus

East Australia, in NSW, quite a while from Sydney.
    Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think I am lucky to have several move-a-bosy friends, but I am unfortunate in the fact that I have never met one in real life. They have been my friends for 5 years through my whote Transgender realisation time, and have always been much more supportive then those that I met in reality.

3. scaredtobeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a move the body friend. He is awesome. I can count on him anytime I need him to help me immediately. We have been best friends for nearly 17 years. I consider him more of a brother than a friend.

4. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aww that's sweet. I would be a great "move-a-body" friend for a number of my friends, but I don't have one for myself. One friend of mine has always trusted me to do things for her and such, but we go to different schools now so I obviously can't physically be there for her the way I used to be. I still am, and I hope she knows that, and I'd fly to her rescue if she ever needs me. Unfortunately, we're not as close as we used to be. And I'm one of those people who never asks for favors and has a hard time accepting kind gestures, so even if I did have one of those friends, I probably wouldn't ask still.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a great term. :slight_smile: I wish I had someone that I could consider a move-a-body friend. That quote/story makes me realize how distant and unavailable I often am.