1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laws On Homosexuality In The World

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NACHO, Aug 8, 2006.

1. NACHO

2. imad

I like that picture. It's kinda sad, but it puts things into perspective. Isn't wikipedia great?

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Excellent post Nacho. I'll make this one sticky as I'm sure it will be useful.

4. Merc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I keep on finding new reasons to move to Canada.

5. NACHO

I KNOW ITS COOL. I FOUND IT IN MYSPACE I WAS LOOKING AT THIS GRUOP OF BISEXULS AND IT WAS THERE AND I THOUGHT IT WAS NICE TO HAVE IT HERE TOO. I JUST WHANT TO MOVE TO SPAIN! OR CANADA:icon_smil ​

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really is a nice place to live, for a variety of reasons.

7. tired_of_lying411

YAY CANADA! I cannot thank... whoever imported my anscecters to canada.. enough! WHOOT WHOOT!

8. nisomer

very cool

9. NACHO

Ok I Was Just Wondering If Canada Was Expensive, I Mean How Much Do You Hve To Pay For Like An Apartment Because Here In California My Cousin Is Paying $850 Dollars Per Month For A 2 Betdroom Apartment. So Anny Help Will Help

[ By The Way I Know Its Out Of Topic But I Really Whant To Know So That I Can Move To Canada! ]

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It totally depends on what city you want to live in (or what town/region), as I suspect it does in Cali. For instance, living in San Francisco is extremely expensive (still, even after the tech crash) whereas I suspect living in Sacramento is not as expensive and living in some tiny town i the middle of nowhere is probably much cheaper than both of those.

If you want to live in a Canadian city with a gay scene, it's going to be more expensive than the smaller cities. Of the three most populous cities (Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver) in the country, all with big gay communities, Montreal is, I believe, the cheapest one to live in. However, $850 in nice parts of Vancouver would not get you a 1-bedroom apartment generally. I paid around $1050 for a very nice 1-bedroom on the 21st storey of a very new building in a very chic neighbourhood here in Vancouver--and that was a steal, if not at the beginning of the 5 years I was there then certainly by the end. Right now I'm paying $800/month for a spacious 1-bedroom in not as popular a neighbourhood (although still pretty desirable) but it's a basement suite in an older home that doesn't get a lot of light.

My boyfriend just rented a 2-bedroom basement suite nearby for $1200/month and that's probably not a super-deal but it's pretty decent.

Anyway, Vancouver is either the most expensive or second-most expensive place to live in Canada, and one of the most expensive in Canada & the US (probably only Manhattan and San Francisco, maybe Toronto, are more expensive). Most people think it's worth the extra money but if you're looking for a cheaper Canadian city, I would say Montreal. Supposedly the guys there are really friendly, too. :icon_bigg

11. NACHO

thanks so much!.
    well now every were you go its expencive.but yeah i would love to live in canada the money i dont think would be such a huge deal but find first of all someone over there to look for a place for me because what if i just go there and look for one, stay in a hotel while looking, and if never find something i would have to come back!

i just whant to go somewere not near home, i just whant to go somewere were noone knows me and were i dont know annybody so that i could make new friends[ this is not a problem because i live in spain, mexico and usa so i whant to try something new by my self ] so ill just think about it when its time for m to move on with my life as in adult and see were ill end up.

thanks again joeyconnick this is for you:kiss: :thumbsup:

12. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Very informative map.

BTW, on December 1st, South Africa will join the Same sex marrige club.

13. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Hmmm...it looks like almost all the countries that penalize homosexuality are developing. Coincidence? I think not.

It's also interesting that Israel, a nation founded on religion, allows civil unions. I guess that's what happens when you allow for a democratic government with an overall fairly intelligent and informed populace...unlike SOME countries I know *cough*America*cough*.

14. Sam

Sam

thats pretty sad that all these other counties even highly religious ones allow same-sex marriages but America won't do the same. What does that say about America.

15. LorenzG1950

16. zbgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    the world is soo sick sometimes it makes me glad i live in canada

17. suburbs_of_sodom

Oh, and technically, there should be a number of US states (especially east coast states) shaded in light tan. Technically in these states it is still illegal to have sexual relations with a member of the same sex according to dated puritan laws that have yet to be repealed.

18. step49x

And probably won't be replealed any time soon, I'm sure. Can you imagine the amount of work and support it would take to do that?

19. suburbs_of_sodom

Ugh, and now Virginia (where I live) is trying to pass a law that will make extra careful certain that marriage is defined as ONLY between a man and a woman. We get to vote on it on election day when we vote for our representatives and senators. Though luckily for me both my parents vehemently condemn it and my dad (whom I always viewed more as a moderate) says that if it passes it would be enough to leave the state over.

And of course I recommended Canada for our destination.

20. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's what I like to hear. :slight_smile: